1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradford League Cup 30 October 2012

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Oct 30, 2012.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Welcome to Bradford supporters coming over the Pennines tonight, I understand they've sold out their allocation which I think was 4000? We could be in the undignified position of being almost outnumbered in our own stadium by a fourth tier club! And any Bradford fans reading that - you know that's a jibe at us, not you..

We'll doubtless put out a second string (or half a first team) side again tonight, which is a risk that a lot of WIgan fans will be a bit nervous about. On the one hand we've got a great chance to get to the last eight of a cup competition and I don't think any of us would like to lose that chance to a team that will be well up for it. But its hard to argue with stonking away wins at Nottingham Forest and West Ham. I fancy we'll turn out something like this -

al Habsi
    Caldwell Ramis Lopez
    Stam Jones McArthur Beausejour
    McManaman Boselli Gomez

Although he may give Fyvie his first start in place of McArthur.

Bradford are doing better this season than they've done recently, in good form and in the play off positions. They've also accounted for Watford and Notts County - and we have fresh memories of being done by them in cup competition in recent years.

Looking forward to a good game, and hopefully a Wigan win - but Bobby may need to be calling upon soe of the first teamers from the bench to achieve it.

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

As a matter of interest how much are your tickets for the game?
    Our lot want to charge £30 for adults and £5 for kids. I know it's Spurs at home but even so, we aren't expecting Spurs to field a full team because of their European games, and we won't, because we're in a relegation scrap and don't want our first team squad injured. So we think it will be a reserve team training game, and £30 for that is not on. I don't think many of our regulars (26,800) will be turning out.

Good luck, hope it's a good game.

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

A tenner for adults Delia, though afer that display they're about £20 overpriced.

:)

4. ilovedelia

<laugh> The trouble is no one is interested in this cup anymore except the lower division clubs, that is, until the top teams can see a clear route to the final.
    You're probably best off out of it, I hope we don't progress as we need to concentrate on our league survival, plus If we do get through to the next round the tickets will probably be £50!!!!! <yikes>

5. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

We can always trust you to look on the bright side!

Like most Wigan supporters I don't really take that long view any more. We want a cup run. We had a great opportunity to go to the last eight last night and we blew it. We had plenty of chances and we failed to convert a single one. We put out a team which was risky but still had more than enough to do the job. Bradford rode their luck - and absolute good luck to them. They deserved to go through because they won. I can't even say they came and shut up shop. They didn't. They looked for opportunities but they simply didn't have the quality to score against us. And we failed to do it against them. We didn't have the quality - or the coherence, if that makes sense - to put them under proper pressure.

Maybe it was just fated. Their support was great though - and for that reason I just can't grudge them it.

:)

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Just to say well done to Bradford and there 5,000 support and the 4-2 score line which came about because of the 9 changes made by Martinez because he thought that you would be a easy team to beat and we have players that know how to take a penalty and not bottle it. And one other thing Martinez please in the January window put that no hope GOMEZ up for transfer your right about him HP did he have his eyes shut when he tuck that pen :steam:: :mad:

7. ilovedelia

5000 fans from the away team, crikey that's awsome.
    As you probably know we got through against the Spurs, but our manager made 10 changes and they made 7, so it was always going to be unpredictable. Our beloved club charge £30 for the privilege of watching what was to all intents a reserve team training game, so hardly any of us regulars went as a protest.
    Good luck on saturday, Spurs are beatable, just don't sit back and let Bale run at you!