1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradford City Vs The Gas Game Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I will be at work whilst the games on so will miss out but I've started a thread anyway :D

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Bradford and Sheff Utd were the best teams I saw at the Mem last season, I was hoping they would have been promoted but at least we don't have Millwall here again this season but I think we are going to continue the good run we are on 1-0 the Rovers

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Without Lockyer and Sweeney we will lose live on tv by 3 or more.

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

No we won't! There are some good replacements. Burn's very decent. We'll be fine!

6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

7. old timer

3-0 down 72 min we appear to be sinking, 2 goals in 3 minutes I guess we are pushing forward to try and equalise and they are picking us off Wyke hat trick

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Wyke was the difference between the two sides. I thought the lads did pretty well apart from the set pieces, which just showed a bit of inexperience. Maybe our internationals would have made a difference, but I still think Wyke would have taken some stopping.Nichols did really well for the goal.

9. years ago

years ago Active Member

the main difference was in mid field,a defensive mid fielder was missing, Bradford was able to attack in numbers,I wish Harrison and Bodin realise that they are not the only goal scorers in our team, be aware of those in better positions.Twice I was shouting for Harrison to slip it, but no and he has too many around him

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

11. old timer

DC not a happy bunny

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Thanks to Nichols amazing run which made Bodins goal, we didnt lose by 3 as I predicted. You dont go to Bradford without your 2 1st choice CB's and survive, regardless of how good the 2 back ups are <ok>

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I was disappointed that Partington missed out and also I thought Telford may have earned the right to start after getting 2 at Wycombe. He would have been a threat at Bradford which would have made them have something to think about. Harris is by far better as a sub. He offers much more threat.

I was disappointed in Lines and Clarke's performance. Sercombe did ok but I was disappointed in his dive. It was embarrassing. Years ago was completely right that our midfield was what let us down. Also Leadbitter didnt have a good game, especially in the 1st half. I know he is gaining match fitness etc but I wouldnt have played him in this game, especially over Partington.

Our defending at set pieces was an embarrassment. I think Burn really struggled.

Our 1st half performance was even worse. Apart from the 1st 20 seconds where Bodin had his shot and Moore's header that was cleared off the line, we were shocking in that 1st half. But what do you expect with 6 changes to the line up compared to the Fleetwood starting 11. 2nd half was a bit better but we were poor. I feel sorry for those who paid and travelled to see that.

But Nichols, take a bow son. That run for the goal was quality and when Bodin scored, Nichols showed his frustration of not starting the game an it was clear to see.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  14. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Once again it would appear that inconsistency will be the big hurdle to climb for The Rovers, another 'Nothing Season' I fear.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.