1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Bournemouth v Swansea City
    please log in to view this image

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday, 5 May 2018
    Kick off - 3pm
    Venue - Vitality Stadium

Following their narrow 0-1 defeat at hone to Chelsea, the Swans next match is a visit to the South Coast to play Bournemouth.

With Southampton narrowing the gap to just one point by beating Bournemouth yesterday, the pressure has cranked up a notch or two - with the Swans in danger of being in the relegation zone next Saturday evening if they lose and Southampton win at Everton.

The Swans really need to get something from the match against Bournemouth, a win would put them in a strong position to avoid the drop - defeat would mean 2 huge games at The Liberty against Southampton and Stoke: have we got it in us to scrap it out and retain our PL status?

History doesn't bode well for us as the Swans have failed to beat Bournemouth in the 5 PL matches played between them, drawing 2 and losing the other 3. In fact, the Swans have lost both previous visits to The Vitality......

Looking ahead to Saturday, my heart says 1-1 but my head says 3-1 to Bournemouth.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Provided we are positive, Swans to win at Bournemouth for the first time in the PL:

Cherries 1 Swans 2.

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

It will be tough but very doable.
    Replace Mawson with Fede if fit and start with the same as yesterday with the same approach.

London_Jack likes this.
  5. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It will be tough but very doable.
    I agree but unlike you Bob i like Mawson and prefer Naughton on the bench or at right back.

Bob the slob likes this.
  6. Bob the slob

I couldn't work out if we had a back four or three with Roberts and Olson playing wingback.
    If it was meant to be fluid, it worked.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I watched the Cherries game yesterday, and they were in very poor form, defensively they are vulnerable, and we should focus on that, besides they are well down on their high tempo game, not sure why, and while they might want to refocus their efforts against us, a Swans win is very doable in my view, so going for a 1-2 Swans win, just hope that Carlos does not go with 5 at the back, as we need a strong midfield structure for this game.............<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. PGFWhite

If we go 5 at the back against Bournemouth we deserve to get relegated <ok>

mustyfrog and DragonPhilljack like this.
  9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This game will settle our fate i reckon....Win and we will almost certainly stay up but draw or lose and we will go down because the Saints are playing better than us and look to have more of a fight in them than we have.....Yesterday i saw more fight with our longer term players than anyone else and i saw nothing from the manager who was in awe of Chelsea instead of why we were losing the ball to them.. I wish we had Martinez or Rodgers as these two would teach them about urgency and passing going forward and shooting earlier when getting the chance....I know we can win our last 3 games with the players we have but i have zero confidence that Carlos has the ability to out fox any of the last 3 managers who will relish taking Carlos on......

10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

2-0 Bournemouth.

11. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

Haven't got any momentum at the moment. Going down to the last game. Hopefully a draw and win the 2 home games

55282 likes this.
  12. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

This game doesn't dictate our fate. I hope we get a point but won't be surprised if we get nothing. I think there is the strong possibility that it goes to the last game and we need a win against Stoke and Huddersfield to lose. Lol and behold that is what happens!

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  13. PGFWhite

it won't Dai <ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. swanseaandproud

I think it will especially if Bournemouth beat us 2 - 0 or more....Our fortunes have to turn a hell of a lot if we are going to win and we have been saying that for months. If we end up in the relegation place with just stoke and Saints to play the pressure will be far to much for Carlos and Sparky will fancy his chances. The stoke game wont matter except for who will finish bottom but one....

15. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

There is the possibility that Huddersfield won't get another point. 1 win could do the job then. Depends on stoke. Can palace get a point next weekend

16. PGFWhite

What if we WIN 2-0? Can you imagine that? Will that seal our survival? No. Why? BECAUSE THERES TWO MORE ****ING GAMES AFTER THAT, THATS WHY <laugh>

17. swanseaandproud

I would love it as that would mean we only need to draw against the Saints.....With my devils advocate off i think the Saints and us will survive and it will be Hudders that will join Stoke and WBA.....There are many scenarios that is possible......

18. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

The big worry, as it has been all season, is that we are not scoring goals. We’ve played five at the back, especially away, because we leak goals otherwise, remember Brighton 4-1, a team that couldn’t score many goals at that time either.
    I expect Carlos to start the match cautiously, go for the draw, and hope we can sneak a goal on the counter attack.

19. Bob the slob

I was impressed with. the way we played against Chelsea. Unlike many who claimed we were shocking in the first half I thought it was quite evenly matched.
    Robert played the Rangel roll very well in attack and defence. Although not yet ready for PL football he does have enough to warrant more start time given our options are limited. I like the way he passes quickly, often one touch, and that he passes well with both feet.
    For continuity sake the same starting line up as last weekend?

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Regarding Roberts , I agree I thought he had a good game , but your statement is contradictory saying in that he's not ready , when does that actually happen to a player ? , watching Naughton week in and week out I'd say he's not ready as a PL and probably won't ever be .Roberts needs more playing time and not for the U23's but as a starter, we're weak on the right defensively as it is and imo Roberts wouldn't weaken us any more than playing either Naughton or Rangel, in fact he's gives more options going forward that the other two .Why not champion G Byers or D James as well , I'd rather see either of those play certainly James instead of watching Routledge cock it up , again