1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boro game on Sky

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Oct 6, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

On 2nd Dec. That's going to be my first home game - after a Friday night on the lash in some of my old haunts in the Chew Valley.

They've moved the kickoff to 5:30pm.

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Another game messed up by Sky:emoticon-0121-angry

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I won't get the video feed over here unless I buy yet another package, so enough is enough, and hopefully I can listen on Radio Bristol.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Is the Burton game on Sky as well? If not why is that on a Friday night.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The gusheads are at home v Oxford on the Saturday as well.

6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I don't understand why we can't both play on the same day it's not like the sags get big crowds , we play same day as the balloon festival and the half marathon, which Bigger attendances than the sags. 6 men and their dogs at the last count , I know they like to believe they get zillions , but that's only because they're deluded,
    Does anyone know whether ifs because of the numbers alone or because of the perceived trouble?

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

It’s to do with Police availability, the Sags may not got that many but would still require police presence. So they would probably require to pay overtime with both clubs at home. Plus the majority of away fans would come into Temple Meads .
    With what’s going on in the country under threat at the moment I would rather move to Friday to ensure that the old bill are on hand.
    I can’t ever remember playing the same day as the ballon festival. As far as I knew it’s one of the things the football league and balloon festival take into consideration and arrange us away the opposite weekend to the festival date. The festival is either alternates first weekend and second weekend in August.
    The half marathon is a pain because that’s the last weekend of the season and early kick off. But hopefully last seasons chaos might teach them. We had to leave the house at 9am to get to the ground at 11:30am

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Also, Oxford have some real scumbags of the highest order amongst their travelling fan base. Almost as bad as Millwall for causing trouble.