1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BOLTON v QPR Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Aug 24, 2013.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

QPR make their television debut for the season away at the Reedbok Stadium this Saturday lunchtime, when they matchup against Dougie Freedman`s Bolton Wanderers. R`s boss Harry Redknapp will be quietly pleased by his side`s start to the season, after they picked up three wins from their first four games (all comps), and he will be keen to build on that. Bolton, on the other hand have made a somewhat indifferent start to the season and are without a win in the league (D2, L1). However, they will take solace in their recent record against QPR (unbeaten in seven) and will fancy themselves to grab a win.

Last Saturday, had QPR not beaten Ipswich, it would`ve been a huge injustice. They battered Ipswich for the majority of the match and should`ve scored at least three or four. I`m hoping Charlie Austin scores in the League sooner rather than later, as it`s clear to see he is dying to impress and is snatching at his shots, which could affect his confidence soon. However, I`ve been impressed by Austin overall and I`m sure the goals will come. I`d like to see Gary O`Neill start as his introduction against the Tractor Boys turned the match back in our favour. He`s not the player I expected at all. From his cameo last weekend, he looks like he could be a creative force for us this season.

Last season, Bolton narrowly missed out on the play-offs on goal difference, despite a lung-busting run at the back end of the campaign, in which they accumulated 29 points from a possible 42, losing just twice. No side won more points in that 14 game period than Bolton, but it wasn`t quite enough. Freedman has yet to inspire his team to perform in that vein yet but they`ve bought well this summer in the likes of Jay Spearing, Jermaine Beckford and Andre Moritz, all of whom will add quality to their squad. Midfielder Darren Pratley, who scored in the last meeting between the sides has already netted twice this season and is luckily (for QPR) suspended for this one.

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=329700#ixzz2csakSP6E

Bolton Team News:
    Chris Eagles and David Ngog are both doubts ahead of the match. Darren Pratley is suspended, while Stuart Holden and Mark Davies are out with long-term injuries.

Possible line up:

BOGDAN

MEARS - WHEATER - KNIGHT - BAPTISTE - TIERNEY

LEE - SPEARING - MORTIZ

DAVIES - BECKFORD

QPR Team News:
    Andrew Johnson could be in contention to feature. Junior Hoilett is a doubt with a hamstring injury. Armand Traore and Alejandro Faurlin are both pushing for a starting place.

Possible line up:

GREEN

SIMPSON - DUNNE - ONUOHA - HILL

O`NEILL - HENRY - BARTON - WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

AUSTIN - ZAMORA

Player to watch: Nedum Onuoha
    To see Onuoha being played in his rightful position at centre-half is a joy to behold at the moment. The transformation in the Nedum`s performances have been staggering since his switch to the heart of the QPR defence. After a tough year on and off the pitch for Onuoha, it`s great to see him enjoying his football and turning in a great showing week in week out. If he can continue in this vein, he is a certainty for player of the year.
    Stat's Ya Lot
    Bolton have gone seven league games without defeat against QPR, winning six.

No player has created more chances so far this season in the English Football League than Joey Barton (14).

No player has attempted more shots without scoring in the Championship than Charlie Austin (11) this season.

The Trotters are yet to win in the league this season, extending their winless run to five games, which includes two fixtures at the end of the 2012/13 campaign (D4 L1).

The R`s have struck the woodwork three times already this season; a joint-league-high alongside Birmingham City.

QPR`s 1-0 victory over Ipswich was their first clean sheet in six league games.

LAST FIVE

Bolton: DDWDL
    QPR: LWWDW

HEAD 2 HEAD

Bolton: 14
    QPR: 9
    Draw: 3

LAST TIME OUT

Premier League - 10/03/12
    Reebok Stadium

Bolton 2 (Pratley, Klasnic)
    QPR 1 (Cisse)

Team:Kenny, Hill, Traore (Taiwo), Ferdinand, Onuoha, Diakite, Derry (Buzsaky), Barton, Wright-Phillips (Mackie), Cisse, Zamore

Attendance: 21,551

Ref Watch:
    Referee: James Adcock
    Assistants: Robert Merchant & Steven Meredith
    Fourth Official: Pau Tierney

James Adcock is the match official for Saturday`s televised game against the Trotters. Last season, Adcock issued 90 yellow cards and 5 red cards in 32 games.

Match Prediction:

1-1Score Draw.

Latest Odds Bolton 12/5 QPR 8/5 Draw 12/8

2. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

#QPR XI: Green; Simpson, Onuoha, Dunne, Hill; O’Neil, Barton, Henry, SWP; Austin, Johnson

Subs: Murphy, Traore, Suk-Young, Jenas, Zamora, Hitchcock, Faurlin

3. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Have you got Sky Sports or a stream out there mate?

4. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Traore and Suk-Young on the bench????

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I thought the same. Again.......is there a big aerial threat from Bolton? Only reason I can think of.

Like Johnson and Austin up front though. Looks like 4-4-2 away from home?

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Although Will has just pointed out to me that it looks like 4-3-3..........maybe?

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm going to try and get a stream mate. I was contemplating on going to find a bar, but I'm in the middle of nowhere. It would be about an hours drive down to the Costa del Sol where I would be most likely to find a bar showing it.

8. optimistichoop

With real optimism I have backed - Austin first goal - Dunne first goal- 3-1 3-0 4-0 URRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS

9. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Firstrow works outside the UK.

10. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

I can still access Firstrow. Am I the only one

11. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Hoping to find it on the radio having foolishly accepted to lay a load of underlay. Come on you rip roaring superdooper hoopsa's.

12. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I thought it had been closed in the UK. Perhaps it is just Premier League games?

13. FinnHoop

FinnHoop Well-Known Member

kick-off and I remembered my scarf from beginning, let's see how it goes :emoticon-0184-tmi:

14. FinnHoop

FinnHoop Well-Known Member

15. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

I thought it had too

16. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Its been blocked but only for the big ISPs. Plus mirror sites have sprung up.

Its like the pirate bay block, took me all of 20 seconds to find a working version of the site.

17. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

7 of the starting 11 are over 30. And some people think we need older players to get the right balanace. :shocked:

18. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Dunne showing his pace there. :shocked:

19. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Barton got booked on reputation there, that was nothing.

20. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Will soon be watching our game on Bet365 live stream and Fulham vs Arsenal.

Dunne is certainly not quick and already on a yellow too. Harsh yellow for Barton - his reputation proceeds him? Hopefully we don't end up with a red today?