1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton, Bury and Macclesfield to do one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Sep 11, 2018.

1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I get that
    I was just saying they weren’t acting as if they deserved better...if anything they thought they deserved worse!

2. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Was just getting it out my system so I don't nut my brother at the Reading game

3. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

<laugh>

4. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I think I'm with your brother on this one. It does blag my head in that I'm desperate for us to win every game and to get promotion or avoid relegation, but then mixed feelings re playing in Premier League.
    For the promotion seasons, 'the journey was far better than the destination'
    Obviously once we'd ticked that particular box.

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Football is a sport and you have to strive to be the best. Otherwise, what's the point?

Would you lose a crunch promotion game on purpose to avoid the Premier League?

Course you wouldn't. It is what it is.

PLT and Tentotwo like this.
  6. askewshair

No absolutely not, I've never wanted us to lose and playing in Championship wouldn't have been a consolation for me had we not got promoted.
    What do I most look forward to, a championship promotion season or a Premier League survival struggle? It'd always be the former.

Kempton likes this.
  7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Of course not

I’d moan about it though <cheers>

Kempton likes this.
  8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Me too, but we have no choice in the matter.

Not that it's something we'll have to worry about this season :emoticon-0120-doh:

askewshair likes this.
  9. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

Your not wrong there Kempton.

10. amberman8

amberman8 Well-Known Member

Bury game suspended...Bolton goes ahead

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

EFL Statement – Bolton Wanderers FC and Bury FC

Further to the EFL’s statement issued earlier on Monday 29 July 2019, the following updates can be provided:

BOLTON WANDERERS

At its meeting today, the EFL Board was appraised of the position in regard to the outstanding information requested in respect of ongoing matters at Bolton Wanderers.

The Board has fully considered the Club’s further submissions and is satisfied that they are sufficient to meet the requirements of the League subject to the completion of formal documentation.

As a result the EFL Board has opted not to suspend their opening day fixture with Wycombe Wanderers and it will remain as originally scheduled on Saturday 3 August 2019 at 3pm.

BURY

Following continued and comprehensive discussions with the ownership at Bury and other interested parties throughout Monday, the EFL Board is not satisfied it has received the necessary evidence in regard to the outstanding information it requires that demonstrates how the Club will be funded moving forwards.

As a result of not meeting Monday’s 5pm deadline, which had been extended on two previous occasions, the EFL Board feels it has been placed in an unenviable position and, regrettably, has opted to take the reluctant decision to suspend Saturday’s opening day fixture with MK Dons under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

In addition, the EFL Board, if not in possession of the necessary evidence by 12pm on Friday 2 August 2019, will make a determination as to whether to suspend Bury’s away fixture at Accrington Stanley on Saturday 10 August 2019.

As has been the case throughout this entire process, the EFL will continue to offer its full assistance to the ownership at Bury, but remains clear that while the League is here to support the Club through some extremely complex and complicated issues, the outstanding matters can only be resolved with the cooperation from the Club itself.

12. Tentotwo

Many clubs struggling whilst elsewhere talk of paying a million notes a week.

If one folds we might see more follow...not good.

amberman8 and Newland Tiger like this.
  13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

BBC Sport @BBCSport
    Notts County have settled their debt with HM Revenue and Customs and had their transfer embargo lifted.

amberman8 likes this.
  14. askewshair

We've always thought that though haven't we and the domino effect has never happened. When we were the first to be in the ****, that was suppose to happen.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Bury FC - The Chairman has issued the following statement:

We, as a Club are saddened by recent events from a body who should have the best interest of Clubs as it’s primary objective, clearly this is not the case.

We, as a Club had come through such adversity left from the previous owner and had started to make headway, the majority of rot had been cut out and the atmosphere at our Training Ground was fantastic, where a positive air had started to replace the despondency of the legacy. New players were arriving with an open mind and looking forward to the new season as were our fantastic new staff.

We thought we were finalizing with the EFL on any outstanding matters that needed addressing, they were fully aware that SAG were happy with our progress and upon the lighting replacement being completed ALL matters were concluded and the certificates would be issued the next day. The Council also confirmed this to the EFL so no worries fulfilling fixtures.

Our CVA had been put forward and we had proven to the courts our ability to fund it and it was passed after 5 months of hard work, this closed off the past where creditors would be dealt with by the administrator, or so we thought.

We submitted all that we were asked to by the EFL in the week prior to their “statement” not as they stated, “not submitted.” So as far as we were concerned we were up to date and requested they lift the embargo so we could sign our players as we were running the risk of losing them.

We then received an email explaining they felt it prudent to amend our cash flow/business plan to show a £1.5m loss and they required additional funding, as this was not factual we challenged their assertion as it was based we were advised on “sensitised feel” not facts, we forwarded the facts to qualify our plan and dismiss their “sensitised feel.”

So at this point, we felt all had been covered and we could continue with the upward trajectory we were on, get our players signed and all was good, Bury was on its way.

THEN THE INFAMOUS EFL STATEMENTS

I was advised by the EFL chair that board pressure had been put on her to send out a statement, however, she had the decency to advise me by phone prior, which was and has always been appreciated.

I explained all the matters were covered, we had spoken and agreed in principle the player debt with the PFA and within the CVA, the CVA administrator sent a letter to the EFL confirming all was as it should be and he was happy creditors would be met within it. They had our business plan and to save the matter protracting we sent proof of funds to cover the fictional £1.5m loss, furthermore, they had been contacted by the Council informing them the SAG licences had been cleared.

They still, however, felt it prudent to ignore the facts and send out the incendiary statement for no gain to anybody other than to discredit Bury FC and it’s Board.

The effect of that to our Club has been unrest in players thinking there would be no Club, loss of players, sponsors pulling out and 5 months of hard work being destroyed by them, then you have the subsequent media garbage inciting unrest and the trolls rearing their sorry heads again, all based on ill truths or at best negative spin, for what?

They then contacted Jill Neville late at night to say a further statement was being put out, our Staff and the Club Lawyer tried to contact them to no avail to ask what was their next statement based on as they had everything, it turned out the game would not go ahead?

They contacted us giving us more time, we asked what further could be given, our cash flow was solid, the mythical £1.5m requirement was covered should it ever be needed by an offer letter and they themselves advised “The EFL is aware the £1.5m may not be required it's a worst-case scenario forecast. It may never need to be drawn down on.” And again they were advised the PFA were working with us on a settlement however this was covered by the CVA, so you would assume once again all good.

Then the EFL meeting last night and subsequent statement, where they decided the POF letter of £1.5m was not sufficient they wanted money in the bank to cover the requirement they themselves say is not needed, and let’s not forget, in addition to our positive cash flow, the EFL have withheld payments to the Club of £569,493 including August payment, not the actions of a body there to help, but certainly if released would cover possible eventualities they deem prevalent. They also disputed our agreement with the PFA even though our Lawyer and prominent third parties were privy to this. Still, they postpone the match and again for what gain?

I am unsure at this juncture where Bury go when the body that should be there to help us works against us, however, I felt it important to set the record straight and hope the EFL try to be reasonable.

We, as a Club, promise you that we will challenge this injustice in whatever forum necessary.

Yours sincerely,

Steven D Dale

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  16. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

If true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then you have to feel for Bury. The EFL should be ashamed of themselves for not helping the smaller clubs which are the lifeblood of football in this country.

17. Tentotwo

There by the grace of god I suppose.

As far as Bolton goes Im a bit surprised the local business community have not ( to my knowledge) done more to help the club in its apparent hour of need . It smacks of City’s plight back in the days of padlocks & buckets when few,if any big local companies wanted to know it’s local football club when we needed it most.

18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko
    Bolton. Players taking on club and administrators. Those putting in notice to quit blocked from leaving by appeals. Now taking to an independent panel to get release. Five months no pay. And can’t get away?

19. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit strange tbh .. Bolton obvious in breach of contract by not paying the players .. yet they are still being tied to it, I can only think that assurances have been made and accepted at higher levels to ensure payment is made. Crap for those lads trying to make a living though, especially the younger players on low contracts.

20. Quill

Quill Bastard

I ****ing detest football.

The clubs at the top could give away what is essentially ****ing pennies to them to help these clubs survive. Obviously, this is not in the club's best interests, but the disparity of wealth in football (and everything, I suppose) disgusts me.