1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bodin for £250k?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

What the hell is that about?

According to that piece of toilet paper the Daily Mail, PNE, Fulham & Cardiff are in a battle to sign Billy Bodin for £250k.

I know he's in his final year of his contract but that's ridiculous.

Surely we can't let yet another prize asset go for peanuts? I'll be furious if he does because it will show a total lack of ambition by the club.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Read that yesterday, if he does go then I hope we have a goal scoring quality replacement coming the other way. Hopefully Rovers will either turn down the bids or Bodin will remember that when he was unfit and coming back from injury it was Rovers who gave him the chance to rebuild his career
    Fulham Preston Cardiff and Hull are the sides mentioned with the fee starting at £250k

3. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

Only the player & his agent, really know the ins & outs !!!
    If HE wants to go, them let him go, last Sunday at Anfield, shows what happens when you play players who don't want to be there......
    Dom Telford, given a run of games will be as good if not better !!

4. old timer

Marcus Stewart states in the Post the Rovers DO NOT have to sell, it could be a long day today he also said we might bring in a attacking M/F

5. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

If we bring in an attacking mf then Bodin's almost certain to go.

I realise there's little loyalty shown these days (L Brown being an honourable exception) but as old timer says we gave Bodin the chance to rebuild his career & he's flourished under DC. I accept bigger clubs will take our best players - but £250k? That's ridiculous .

I genuinely believe we can mount a promotion challenge this season but without Bodin it will be much harder.

old timer likes this.
  6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

And also that they are skint...

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Thats the thing, we are giving him a chance to rebuild his career and a part of rebuilding your career includes moving up the football ladder when the chance comes along. Every player from the championship down wants to play at a higher lever. Unless you get the rare player like Lee Brown as already pointed out. Im sure Bodin wants to play at a higher level and is certainly good enough o do so. If it wasnt for his injury before we took him on, he would already be in the championship now. As for the price... £250k is a farce. But is that in his contract? If so then you have to question who allowed that to happen, like Taylor for £300k.

Bluebaldee likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Also, the press have mentioned teams that are apparently interested. But didnt mention QPR who I know for 100% was there watching on Saturday. I find that a bit odd.

If Bodin has a release clause then no matter what Stewart says about not needing to sell, he can leave, if Bodin wants o of course.

9. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its got to be a lie it was in the Daily Mail <laugh>

Bluebaldee likes this.
  10. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

His goals are worth more than £250K...a lot more...

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If £250K is in his contract then it doesnt matter about his goals. If its not in his contract then nothing less than £5 million will do. That is a stupid figure to me but the way players valuations have gone this summer, its about right for a winger who has the record that Bodin has, especially as we dont have to sell him either 'apparently'. If a club wants him, put their money where their mouth is. But if bids of £250k is true, then that suggests to me that iys a release clause in his contract like Taylor to City.

12. old timer

Cant see anything to say Bodin has left or that the squad has been strengthened

13. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

If he goes anywhere, I guess he would head for Wales.

14. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I think too many of us get too excited over the issue of players leaving the club.
    If a man hasn't got the ambition to attempt to achieve the best of his ability then where does that leave him?
    A footballer's career is pretty short and they need to do the best they can.
    What I am not happy about is the circumstances of the bloke who left us last year, whatever his name was. Although we can't really blame him for wanting to play in the best football division he could. To be fair nobody wanted him when he was free except Rovers, but the leaked conditions for his sale made the moneybags across the city realise that they had missed a trick and still picked him up for peanuts. What was not good for Rovers was that he left on deadline day with no time to find a replacement. This cannot be allowed to happen with Bodin. A large offer may change things, but he is clearly worth more than 250K and unless someone has again signed a daft release clause and some one else has leaked that info. Bodin will stay where he is.
    But if he would want to leave to a better opportunity for a satisfactory fee, all I can say is Good Luck mate!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  15. old timer

Our new owners said they were not entertaining bids for any of our players, like most people I am guessing that there was no movement in or out of the club so we have to hope that either there are no major injuries or that the young players can step up to the plate

16. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The same rag (daily mail) today have said we rejected 2 £500k bids from championship clubs. Double the price to what they said yesterday!

Bluebaldee likes this.
  18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

We've kept him and that's all that matters!

Come on BB, it's time to get the Gas into the Championship!

19. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

20. old timer

I believe Delsey that there is an agreement between the 2 clubs after the Matty Taylor fiasco that there will be no transfers between City and Rovers, so they can watch him all they like