1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackburn plan move for former player Roque Santa Cruz

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Blackburn Rovers are planning a £6.5 million move to bring Manchester City misfit Roque Santa Cruz back to Ewood Park.

The Paraguayan has struggled with injuries since his £17.5m move to Eastlands two years ago and now finds himself well down Roberto Mancini's pecking order.

Despite making just six appearances during a loan spell at Blackburn during the latter part of last season, the News of the World reports that manager Steve Kean is keen to secure Santa Cruz's services on a permanent basis.

The striker - a key figure at Rovers during the Mark Hughes era - has managed just three goals in City colours since leaving Blackburn.

Although the ex-Bayern Munich man's £6.5 million asking price represents decent business for a proven Premier League scorer, and a big reduction on the free he commanded just a couple of seasons ago, the move would have to be considered a gamble by Kean given Santa Cruz's recent struggles.

2. LeSaux'sLeftFootedHandshake

I don't like to write players off when injuries are involved, and I do remember the guy fondly, but I can't see how Kean would consider bringing Roque in permanently after his showing last season, let alone for £6.5m. That's a large chunk of the transfer kitty and frankly I think it'd be a waste of money. There are better options elsewhere.