1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bigs Boys Game!!!!!!! (powder puff Swansea)

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Mexican Canary, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Mexican Canary

Up until this point I had some respect for Swansea, that has now stopped.
    After reading the drivel in the Welsh press ( and on this board) about Saturday's game. I think they (the Welsh press) the players and Brendan Rodgers must have been taking some sort of mind altering drug, judging by the reports and interviews. They did not see the game the rest of the country saw (reference the quality press, left and right wing) also the world press.
    You were outplayed, physically, mentally and tactically. (so much for the PL's Barcelona) It could have been 5 or 6, the score definitely flattered you.
    What happened to being gracious in defeat????? Too many excuses, we have 3 of our first choice back four out, we never mentioned it. ( because we have a great " squad '') Dyer whined about protection from the ref????? Quote" Norwich committed 12 fouls and only 2 yellow cards'' do you imagine every foul justifies a yellow card? Then, even worse, talking about your next game, Quote " Stoke do not pass the ball at all" who the hell do you think you are????? sweeping statements about am established PL side, what a f.....g joke!!!
    This is a physical game. Norwich are no where near the most physical side in this league, get a grip.
    I reserve most of my vitriol for Ips..t town but the rubbish in the Welsh press has produced this response.
    I accept that Swansea do play some attractive football at times and that you have some players with ability but you are playing the same game you played in the Championship. You have been found out. You will survive this year (because there are other teams that are worse than you) but if you do not change the way you play, you face relegation next season because everyone will have figured you out (like Paul Lambert did on Saturday) We changed the way we were playing at half-time and Rodgers did'nt even notice!!!
    When we are beaten we accept it, you should too. You were beaten by the better side, not just on the day. We are better then you!!! and QPR, hence the double over both of you. It is not luck.
    Be humble, be gracious. Paul Lambert is!!!
    As for bating Grant Holt, when you do that you get what you deserve. No, not the most skillful, elegant, or graceful striker in the PL but boy he gets the job done!!! ( as you and the world witnessed on Saturday)
    Good luck for the rest of the season!!!

I am not a WUM , just a matter of opinion :emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0103-cool:

2. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Nice try......

please log in to view this image

now jog off

3. swimaway

please log in to view this image

4. doctor love

doctor love Member

holt was the one who slagged off us, was he not? pity we could'nt stuff his comments up his big fat a**e.

5. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Dyer has suffered the 4th most fouls in the league & keeps on ticking . Not bad for a little fella against some of the thugs in this league & Norwich have their share . Cut him a little slack as I'm sure most on here will for you . Good luck amigo !!

6. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Mexico, think you'll find all of us Swans were gracious in defeat. What the press say is out of our hands mate.

7. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't remember seeing any sore losers amongst the real fans online, with the comments from Dyer excepted, all the rest is just mindless newspaper trash. As for being clearly better than Swansea, I'm not so sure, I'd say it's fairly even right now, if we hadn't taken 6 points off of you, you'd be ahead of us. Whether Swansea get found out next season remains to be seen, but like Lambert, Rodgers isn't stupid. He'll realise that Lambert nullified his game plan at the weekend, and he'll plan accordingly for future games.

Can't we just go back to all slagging off QPR?

8. It'sChicoTime

I'd say you pip us on current form. We have a better defence (Really, looking back lol?) but you hav the better strike force.

Here is to hoping we both stay up which I'm sure we will. As for slagging QPR off, doesn't seem like such a bad idea lol.

9. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Fair play, the OP was determined to get into a slanging match wasn't he? Holt said something like "Swansea - nice place, nice stadium, shame it's in Wales" so you can forgive our national media for falling over themselves with praise for your lot.

10. It'sChicoTime

Really, I missed that? A bit of a Chopra is he.

11. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Good WUM , unfortunatly for you the swans and Norwich fans Get on well and There were no complaints from any of us about the match,the best team won,simples.

Dyer was having his shirt pulled for the entire game,some refs pick up on it and some dont,im not sure if it would have Made much difference saturday,you were by far the best team ive seen us play at home so victory was well deserved.

You can now **** off back to where you belong,cheers <ok>

12. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Just re-reading the OP it seems he is really desperate for a response! "So much for the Welsh Barcelona" - Errr... not us been saying it mate! Also, the reason Dyer made a quip about Stoke is because they play famously bad football. If you don't understand that your thread is no real surprise. Good luck for the rest of the season, but try and be a bit more gracious in victory.

13. swimaway

cant believe you guys bit !!!!

14. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

strange thread started by that fellow

15. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I almost began thinking this was John Hughs in disguise.

Then I realised he could spell a bit. <laugh>

16. JackPA26

JackPA26 Active Member

What happened to John Hughs BTW? Has he disappeared up his own a@s&?

17. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

I think most Norwich fans will admit that you gave us a hell of a game with two clear cut chances in the last two minutes.On another day it could have ended 4-3.And let's be honest,if it had we wouldn't be moaning because two promoted teams showed half The Premiership how it should be done.

It won't surprise me if both teams finish in the top half.Well done Swans,players,manager and fans.

18. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Revising for exams probably.

Those SATS in the infants are bastrds.

19. Carbrooke Canary

Carbrooke Canary Active Member

I also think over the course of the season, result for result, there isnt much to choose between the teams, arguably Swans have actually achieved more with some truly startling wins against the top teams. Not much to choose between us and as CT said the score on Saturday could easily have been 4 -3 or even 4 - 5!!. I am really impressed with Vorm and its great to see some real, attractive football in the prem this year - long may it continue.

20. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Vorm's save from Naughton was possibly better than Ruddy's injury time one.That ball was travelling fast towards the best place in the goal,about to deflect in off the angle of post and bar.Amazing save,definitely candidate for Save of the Season.