1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bielsa Team

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So we have the man we’ve been chasing forever, let’s start a thread of his possible team as it takes shape. I also found this video very interesting, with it in mind I have a feeling Berardi, Ayling and Forshaw are going to play very important roles.

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Used three subs before half time who does that ?.the other team must have been crap to only get three.

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As things stand and the video saying he prefers to use a LB and RB each side of a CB our back three has to be Berardi, Cooper, Ayling, of the three we really need to replace Cooper.

Defensive midfield player is surely Forshaw?

I was reading how a lot of his teams fall away the last third of the season through fatigue trying to keep up the high tempo game, for this reason I can’t see Pablo and Saiz in the same team, maybe rotate them in the number 10 position? It seems a key role so we are blessed that we have two very good number 10s

It looks like the other two attacking wide players will need to run their socks off, I like Alioski but can he do this? As things stand it looks like Dallas and Alioski to me.

The video states Bielsa prefers to use midfield players on the second bank of three, I wonder if Klich will get another chance, Vieira maybe in the other available slot? Phillips I’m guessing will be on the bench in case of an injury to Forshaw or ready if we need 4-2-3-1

Really looking forward to seeing our first couple of signings. I’m pretty sure we’ll see a new keeper come in as it looks like we are going to need someone who is confident with their feet and simple passing skills.

4. wakeybreakyheart

Cooper <laugh><laugh>

OLOF likes this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

They complained about hard training with Heck,don't think they will know what's going to hit them.<yikes>

ellandback likes this.
  6. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Morning guys.Think maybe Pontus instead of Cooper, and Berardi doesn't have the technical skill for this approach. In fact very few of our current first team do. Pablo won't have the legs for the number 10 role either.

Apart from building for the future generally and avoiding FFP repercussions, this may be why Radz and Orta have been flooding the under 23s with talent, and may have played a part in getting Bielsa to take the job. He's well known for developing youth, and offering him a core pool of young, fit talented players to develop in his own style may have been a significant attraction.

You could see quite a few seniors being sidelined and kids brought through to replace them. It might take a bit longer for the results to come but we might end up with a home-grown team worth watching.

Fingers crossed, eh? It won't be boring anyway. <ok>

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can’t believe I actually forgot about Pontus, hope that’s not an omen

Whitejock likes this.
  8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

First thing Bielsa should do is sack that useless ****er Cooper.
    if he doesn't i'll be Glory's right hand man with the "sack Bielsa" campaign

davy likes this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

Im left handed so a spot for me as well.cooper is not up to promotion standard hes a bloody liability.

Farsleyexile and OLOF like this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

Only for you

11. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He's not up to football Wakey<ok>

12. wakeybreakyheart

Made me laugh did that.

OLOF likes this.
  13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Yes you should give Glory a right hand..but get in the queue :grin:

OLOF and Farsleyexile like this.
  14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

We may get a new keeper but bpf’s distribution is pretty good, he’s fine with the ball at his feet. TC wanted a sweeper keeper and picked Felix over green on that basis. The rest as they say is history

15. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I agree with what you've written Ristac......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Ayling Cooper and Berardi as back 3, or maybe Jansson in for Cooper.

Davy mentioned Berardi wouldn't have the technical skills, well, Berardi is a tough player to get around, he's hard, consistent and tough in his position; it's like he goes out their with the intention "they shall not pass".

Ayling, while being a good defender lets himself and the team down by playing too far forward and trying the over step skills on the ball. By doing this it makes it harder for him to get back fast enough to help in case of a quick break by the opposition, it also saps his energy quicker; wouldn't take long for a decent coach to notice this. Berardi on the other hand doesn't push too far forward, and always seems to be there to disrupt any attacks down his side (left or right) Berardi also has the ability to play LB or RB, a valuable player to any team.........Having said that, if Bielsa plays his preferred 3-3-1-3 formation, then Ayling wouldn't need to push so far forward.

If Jansson or Cooper play in middle of the mids, this gives Forshaw, and whoever the opportunities to run at defences with the ball, or push forward and feed the wingers and/or get the crosses in, as well as putting in a few shots at keeper. Jansson and Cooper have the know how to help the back 3 defenders when needed.

Fans use to complain that Alioski wasn't getting back enough to help out in defence, he's an attacking mid / winger, he shouldn't have to do 3 players jobs, Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 formation may well change that too, however, Alioski began covering a lot of ground and was getting back to help, so, again with Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 formation would help Alioski to put more into his role down the wings and/or cutting inside to cross, or get some shots off.

I think it would be a similar role for Dallas, so he too wouldn't have to expell so much energy running up and down the pitch.

Chances are we'll be getting a couple of new signings which will decide who plays where, and for what reason.

The Bielsa 3-3-1-3 formation is going change the way some players play in positions we were use to watching last season....:emoticon-0148-yes:

ristac likes this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn’t be concerned if we had to rely on BPF as long as those in front of him do a better job than they did this season finished. I have a feeling he is going to become number two though.

17. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You be careful. As a midget I would hate for you to be trampled by normal sided people.

I know you don’t fish so let me give you a tip.
    You get more bites if you don’t rebait your hook every cast. The water is so full of your corn and maggots the big fish are full they can’t swallow..

19. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I think the back 3 will be Pearce Jensen and Ayling forget C ooper

Farsleyexile likes this.
  20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I don't fish, like I said I attempt humour, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but unlike some I try and not get nasty. Anyway shouldn't you be sharpening your knife and thinking of negative things to say against our Argie EL LOCO. :grin:

Whitejock, ristac, leeds60 and 3 others like this.
: Bielsa, Leeds, 3-3-1-3