1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best place to sit at SMS

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by sotonsaint, Jun 6, 2012.

1. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't get to go to many games due to work and simply dont have the time. But with me hopefully getting posted back to London for 6 months I wondered where is the best place to sit nowadays. The Northam used to be the best place back in the early and middle 00's, but the last time I went it didn't seem all that loud although this was a couple of years ago now. Going to try to get to a few games between now and Xmas if all goes to plan.

2. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Probably Kingsland North. Block 38/39/40.

3. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Deppends what you like really.

For atmosphere: Kingsland North, Northam and Itchen North (up to about block 4/5)

Views: Half way line, half way up the stand. Fantastic views. You can see everything thats going on and if you sit in the Kingsland you can see what's going on in the dugouts!

4. The Based God

The Based God Active Member

No where near the Northam. It's full of backwards mongs who watch too much green street.

5. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I suspect that there is going to be something of a shuffle, many people that have been affected by the no concession price hike will be vacating their present seats into the less expensive areas, Centre Kingsland will be full of loadsamoneys rattling their jewelry, I reckon the wings will create the best noise, not sure about the Chapel End with a reduced Family area.

6. kjhgfd34

kjhgfd34 Member

Such a retarded comment

7. JakeTheSaint

JakeTheSaint Member

My seat last season was literally perfect, block 34 (Kingsland North) Row Y (half-way up) and seat 888 (right in line with the penalty spot), I was able to stand up on some occasions but mainly sat down, loud and was able to chant and sing throughout the game but unfortunately due to work commitments means that I doubt I will be able to renew my ticket :(

8. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

I like anywhere between 35-39 for the mixture of atmosphere and view.

Sat on the half-way for a friendly, definitely the best view is Kingsland, half-way up if you ask me.

Have been in the Northam, it can be quite good but can be irritating at times with the constant beration of certain players and fellow supporters, which is just pathetic.

Does happen in the other areas though I have noticed. (Saints' players being abused)

9. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Lol we have a few Sherlocks on here don't we? Makes me laugh when people say things like "best place to sit for view is on the half way line about half way up the stand" ...... Really? And there was me thinking it would be best view sat in the corner right at the front!!!!

Forgive my sarcasm; just having a giggle.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I know some people like watching from behind the goals, but to me that is just plain wrong. Have always sat central Kingsland, but found it harder to get a seat there when it was full of STs. The price increase may be in my favour as I may be able to get my match tickets in my usual spot again. It's an ill wind etc.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

That is where I sit and it is about the same position that I sat at the Dell. I am now off to town to buy some jewelry as I have none and have at last reached the giddy heights of toffness.

No more cheese sandwich and bovril at half time I shall ask the very lovely Mrs Godders:emoticon-0115-inlov to make us pink salmon sandwiches in future.

I should be able to sneak some champagne in to the ground inside my thermos.

Oh my I feel so important and elevated.

No more shouting obscene things at the ref. From now on I shall clap politely and call out "I say well played old chap" when Morgan plays a superb cross field pass.

12. fran-MLs little camera

Godders, You and I can enjoy the best seats now the riff raff have gone (JOKE ALERT).

13. Norwich stare at the Premiership

For a good atmosphere and friendly company you're going to have to sit with the away fans. That's what I always found at St Mary's anyway.

14. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Can tell you haven't been to the best matches at St Mary's then! <laugh>

15. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Yes but it is going to cost us Fran - there are no concessions so it is full whack from now on.

Now I know how much it is going to cost I have cancelled the sandwiches and champagne and the jewellery has gone back as well.

I joked about the begging but it is starting to look like a necessary activity!

16. fran-MLs little camera

I shall only be buying match tickets so I might as well as have good ones. As someone who works alternate Saturdays, I wish that I was in a position to worry about the cost of a season ticket.

17. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Jake, I'm in block 34 row S seat 892, so I agree, it's been excellent both for atmosphere and view.

18. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

The Itchen North is good when the away following is good and the corner is populated. The better noiise is why I moved away from the Chapel.

19. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I've just taken the decision to renew in the Chapel. Almost £200 up on last year as no longer designated part of the family stand, so I'm wondering how that might change the make up of people around us. But half way up, behind the goal, is the only place to watch football imo. If I was younger though, I'd probably be going in the Northam. Sense of humour essential, obviously.

20. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

My group = 2 Adults, 1 OAP and two kids have just moved from Row C Block 30 to Row D Block 29 and have saved £680 through the concessions, all you have to do is ask.