1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bentley v Buckle

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by curtismfc, Sep 18, 2011.

1. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

This is a crucial encounter for both teams, especially us as this will tell whether we are capable of mounting a promotion challenge. The gas have not started off well as expected, so this game could go either way unless a certain Mr Stanley is playing. Craig will get a warm welcome back to the Globe next Sat as many still miss him. Stanley could well be in the starting 11 even if he has had differences with Buckle as he knows our strengths & weaknesses.

If you are coming up for the weekend then you can try over the road at the caravans sites, one which has a bar so you can drink. Westgate & regent caravan parks. If you want pubs then you can try the William Mitchell which is around 5/10 minutes walk, or some in town if you want to venture further out. Eateries you have Atkinsons fish & chip shop on Albert Road which is recommended, used to have another outside the old ground. Gizmo's is another if you are after a pizza on Albert Rd. The chicken, ham & leek pies are a good pie to try in the ground.

Nightlife, people mainly venture out to Lancaster which is 5 miles away, if you are planning to stay over for the weekend.

How many are you planning to bring?

Morecambe 1-1 Bristol Rovers. Carlton

Safe journey up.<ok>

2. gashead1

gashead1 Active Member

your be lucky if any gas turn up, after the pain we was put through yesterday... wont be very many thats a fact..

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we have a good away support. and as a lot of fans havent been to your place before, i presume that gives that extra incentive to go. but due to saturdays performance, i cant see that many making the trip. i certainly wont be for this away game. money is tight this month after a few recent away games, and i am not prepared to break the bank for another away game until the manager and players get their act together.

4. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

Still along way to go yet. Remember you have built a new team from scratch so it will take time to gel. You still have good players to hurt us or anybody. We was in the same position as you last year with fans expecting a better finish, so stick by Buckle & the players, otherwise the players will lose confidence.

So get to the Globe. <ok>

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We will take 300 hundred or so I think, can't see us getting anything from the game though not the way we're playing at the moment I say 2-1 to Morecambe, the best we can hope for is a draw.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We've got pretty low hopes for this encounter. Morcambe are clearly flying at the moment. We're not!

At some point I'm sure Buckle will find his best XI, things will start to gel and we'll string a few results together. There have been flashes of potential in this side and I'm a lot more positive and optimistic than the last time we were relegated. The fans expectations have been a bit ridiculous to be honest, because we lost two out of three cup matches against higher league opposition.But we did beat Watford!

This is a good test for both sides. It looks as though Morcambe are strong favourites. Hopefully it will be close enough and a competetive game.

7. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

A draw would be my guess with about 250-300 gas going to the game. Knowing the gas we would win this one though so who knows

8. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

4-0, cockles and quicksands

9. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Keep predicting for us AJ, its working.. <laugh>