1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Benteke - good buy for us?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by carlthejackal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

We are now apparently chasing Benteke. But knowing that our pockets are full of Sterlings, Villa are asking £32.5m for a player worth at most £20m.

The squandering begins?

* Record Points Total likes this.
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I sincerely ****ing hope not. Perhaps the lesson has been learned - the hard way <ok>

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Only if he can score 20 plus goals in his first season. Won't bet against it.

4. carlthejackal

5. moreinjuredthanowen

all we can say is the fee is quite steep for a buy with 2 years out and a injury history. Really if villa want to play hard ball fine. the queue in january or next summer will probably be longer and they'll want 15mil then.

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

Our problem is , we do not know if Daniel Sturridge is going to be injury free after coming back in October.
    If we can see the future, we do not need another striker. Before you hang me I am not saying that we do not deserve
    the best. If we can afford it, for £32m we deserve a striker that can score goals. Beteke fit the bill??..another question.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I would go further

i know the strong likelyhood is sturridge is toast as he won't eve be injury free and a hip injury could take his pace away.

we need a striker end of.

I agree that if we've say 40mil and 200k per week in spare wages we get the very best.

8. theStath

theStath Active Member

Aston Villa are probably thinking...."If you guys paid £17m for Ballotelli, then Benteke is worth more than £32m"
    It's a matter of who blinks first.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

Once beaten is twice shy they say. Are we going to be stupid again???.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

perfect summation bascially.

LFc need to "**** of get off the pot" If there's not that many options out there the neither they say ok villa are playing us at our own game OR they say ok.. not playing ball? fine i'm going to X or Y and seeing if i can go do a deal before triggering this release.

Lacazette for instance <whistle>

11. moreinjuredthanowen

oh yes <laugh>

every club is....

city have a good hsitroy of terrible buys built up. cheslea have plenty too.. even utd have a few right dodgy signings.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm not sure on Benteke as a player, he has good and bad points but is not the target man some think he is. The price is what's putting me off, we could get a player of similar standard for less.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

we already have he's called origi.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

As for Origi time will tell. Still young. Right age to get exposed to the premiership.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

yes.. benteke is only 24 but they are not quite similar as stating you've a 20 year old who's his equal for belgium.

16. carlthejackal

The thing is that we have now strikers coming out of our ears. How come we don't get rid of Balotelli and co?

17. moreinjuredthanowen

the answer is they are awful and even if we gave them away their wages end up causing issues

Borini is angling for a loan and he thinks he'll get a free then and be quids in. he's ruined his career

Balotelli is unsaleable despite being left behind

lamberts gong on tour. filling in and looking totally ready to retire.

18. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

As much as I want another striker, I would sooner wait until January and have another look around then than buy Benteke for 32mill now. He is not worth that price, doesn't fit our best style over the last three years and will attract a huge amount of pressure due to cost.

Ings and Origi should be able to knock a few in between them whilst Sturridge is out. We'll cope til January. Maybe Mario will turn up once or twice too.

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Pray that "Arry comes back to management or big Sam gets another job. They are going to buy him cheap or take him on loan.<ok>

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

That is the sensible option to take and probably the one i would choose. Why waste a huge amount of money on a big gamble.

On the other hand though your manager may be thinking different. He's under pressure, he doesn't have a big money signing. His star striker is injured and he has 3 failed strikers and 2 up and coming strikers who if given the choice wouldn't be his first team strikers if he had others. He's seen Benteke destroy his team a few times and what he needs are players he deems the best he can get to play for him now.

Your owners as well will be seeing the team who came 4th United strengthen through no end. City are city and will spend and arsenal and chelsea already have strong squads. If they don't choose to spend now, even if it is a small improvement they may be already out of the race for champions league by 4th. That is the holy grail especially since prize money is going up as well.