1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ben Watson

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by Big Stav, May 24, 2011.

1. Big Stav

Big Stav New Member

Hi all, qpr fan in peace. Firstly, congratulations on your survival in the peek this year. I've watched a couple of wigan games recently and have been impressed with the form of Ben watson, and wanted to know what your view of the player was. We had him on loan at our place a couple of seasons ago and he was well liked although his form tailed off towards the end. I got the impression that he wasn't favoured all that much with martinez when we grabbed him on loan but looks like he's established himself in the first team with you lot now. Has this because of injury to other players or has he won back his place on merit?

2. fathamp

fathamp New Member

Good player in live play but except for a screamer at wolves is diabolical off deadballs. Cannot seem to manage to send a decent corner in . FFS why is it so hard, not as though he has anything else to do with his time.

3. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

first teamer and good in open play

4. sonjack5

sonjack5 New Member

Hi guys. Have to say I'm looking forward to seing watson next season I think he has really improved.
    Also I've just moved from 606 as it is now closed. Are there many wigan fans on here?

5. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

about 4/5 but people come and go

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Agree with fathamp atrocious deadballs but some of his passing in the final third is exactly what we have been missing for lots of the season. He's been played behind Cleverley and - bizarrely - McCarthy this season - should always be played as an attacking midfielder in my view, always just seems mental when I see McCarthy being puched up the pitch when he's so uncertain in his passing but so confident in his pressing and tackling game, and Watson playingdeepr than him. WTF? (can I say that here? :))