1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ben Arfa interview

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by DannyGooTree, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Since I seem to be the only sad bastard on here that has paid for nufctv, I will type up word for word for Ben Arfa said in his exclusive interview, because I am nice like that. Give me a shout if you want me to do this in future. <ok>

Reporter: You turned your loan to a permanent deal in January, did that take much thinking?

Benny: The loan was good. I knew as soon as I got here and played for the club it felt right to sign a permanent deal so I am very happy. I am looking forward to the future and its good to look to the future, knowing that you will be here for a long time.

Reporter: When do you expect to get back to full training?

Benny: It might take one or two weeks to get back to full training.

Reporter: What do you think of Alan Pardew?

Benny: I do not know much about him but I have had a few chats with him and so far its been very good. I am here to work with him and the team.

Reporter: What are the hopes before the end of the season?

Benny: I have had a chat with the manager and think I can probably play a few games, 1, 2, 3 maybe.

Reporter: That would be a big boost for you after such a long lay off?

Benny: Its always nice to get back to full fitness after the tragic accident so yes playing a few game would be really beneficial.

Reporter: You had a good start to the season at Everton, does that sum you up as a player?

Benny: No, no, I had a good start to the season and theres more to come but its not all about me, its about Newcastle, I just need to get back fit now.

Reporter: It then turned a bit sour at Man City with the broken leg, what do you remember about that afternoon?

Benny: I do not really remember much, I was injected with painkilling drugs so I was a bit drowsy.

Reporter: Have you spoken to Nigel De Jong since?

Benny: No, we exchanged text messages but that was about it.

Reporter: You spent the rehab in France, was that good for you? Did you have much contact with NUFC during that time?

Benny: At least once a week I was in contact with the club doctor, I came over often enough for them to come see me and they came over to see me a few times so the way they helped me was really good.

Reporter: So you had good support from the club, did you have good support from the fans?

Benny: I have had a LOT of letters, I am really appreciative and I want to thank the fans for all of the support I have had with the injury.

Reporter: And the French national team?

Benny: If you want to play for France, you have to play well for your club, so I am going to concentrate on my club first!

Thats it. Its not word for word but its there or there abouts. Its the best I could do this late at night, working at 8am tomorrow! Enjoy <ok>

2. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

3. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Does he speak English already? Wow.

Cheers for posting this, a very encouraging interview <cheers>

4. Geordie Gashead

Geordie Gashead Active Member

5. Excellent, he seems like a very intelligent young lad. Cheik Tiote + Ben Arfa = Sexy times

6. Hatem Is A Geordie

Hatem Is A Geordie Active Member

Cheers! Have some rep. Encouraging interview & liking the fact that he puts emphasis on the club doing well.

7. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

A bit more rep for your trouble! <ok>

8. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

No, he spoke French but someone translated what he was saying while he spoke <ok>

9. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Cheers for all the rep lads <cheers>

10. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

Cheers mate, repped.

What's his English like? Surprised he speaks it or was it done through a translator?

Edit: just seen your message, wonder if the language barrier will have any effect then?

11. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

Rep! Great effort as well...I personally would like you to do this if your willing to do so. I never go on the official website, I always stick with .com

12. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Thats fair enough, he only spent a couple of months in England anyway. Lucky we have Tiote who speaks French for his first year and we are scouting Ligue 1 as well.

13. Hatem Is A Geordie

Was trying to think of people that speak different languages in our team... bloody hell a lot of our players are English!

14. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

It looks as though he could understand the question because he answered really quickly but he spoke French and it was translated over his voice. So I reckon he has a good understanding but just lacks the fluency of the language to do an interview comfortably. <ok>

15. Hatem Is A Geordie

Never understand how people can get that good at a language quickly, I can't do other languages at all!

16. Gutierrez's Right Boot

He probably speaks english better than Crapello

17. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

I know, must be up there with the highest in the league. Maybe Villa might have a few more.

Still ok for for new signings though, as we still have French, Spanish and Dutch speakers to help them settle, as well as a few other less spoken languages.

18. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

I think Tiote has got a good grasp of the English language already so that should help Ben Arfa and any other potential French speaking signings we make this summer <ok>

19. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Erm
    Krul = Dutch
    3 Amigos = Spanish
    Nolan, Taylor, Barton = Scouse
    Ameobi = Nigerian
    Tiote, Ben Arfa = French

20. All Hail Ben Arfa

Haha :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.