1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bebe and Obertan. They aren't Pogba and Morrison. Why stifle potential?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by merrysupersteve, Feb 20, 2011.

1. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I went out last night and got extremely drunk. Now, when my head is finally clearing, I still do not see the point in playing Obertan and Bebe yesterday. They are not good enough for United now, they are not going to be good enough for United in the future either. I am getting sick of this tbh. Fergie, you did not find "value" when you signed these guys. That doesn't mean that value doesn't exist. Smalling has proven me wrong time and again by being superb since joining us and Hernandez is lethal (had no supply last night) but it still doesn't justify playing the likes of Bebe and Obertan over Pogba and Morrison. Those guys will never be good enough to play for United. Hell, they were out of their depth against Crawley. So, how in God's name are they still getting chances? Why give 20 or 21 year olds who can barely trap a football a chance over talented players? Pogba is 18, Morrison is 18. The best experience they could have is first team football. The worst experience they could have is watching Bebe and Obertan. Fergie, admit that you got it wrong with them and feel happy that Bebe will never be on the streets again!

2. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Bebe hasn't been much of a chance he has only been given a handful of appearance and hasn't even been at the club for a full season yet. I wish people would stop writing players off when they haven't had enough time to develop or to prove themselves yet. It's not long since people said that Fletcher, O'shea and Nani weren't good enough.

3. merrysupersteve

Bebe is ****. You can quote me on this if you wish because I will not be proven wrong. Fergie signed him, having never seen him play and is using the word "raw" to excuse the fact that he lacks basic technique. The truth is that we have much better footballers than the hapless Bebe in our Reserves and I would like to see them get a chance. Why wait til they're 20? The likes of Wilshere have a head start by playing first team football and it's a joke that Bebe and Obertan are being given the chance that talented youngsters deserve.

4. Busby 's Babe

Bebe has looked decent in Carling Cup appearances and has been very good for the reserves.

Some players are already established by the time they are 19/20, some don't start to play really well until their mid twenties. No-one had heard of Luca Toni until he turned 26 for example.

5. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Bebe has looked good? Please name the matches

6. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

In all seriousness, Bebe finds it really difficult to control the ball. He has to improve dramatically and prove all of us wrong but without a doubt I see no potential in him to be frank. Well, Obertan has had so many games to improve his style of play but has decided to play a hit and run game. This situation isn't easy for SAF, hopefully he'll make the correct decision and keep those players he still has believe in. I'm still finding it hard to understand, how Bebe and Obertan are given the opportunity to play for. I surely insist SAF loans the pair out, if he wants to keep one of them then I'd keep Bebe because I see so much in him for some reason.

7. Busby 's Babe

2 Goals against Wigan's reserves - http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-brilliant-bebe-goal-for-reserves/

Goal against Buraspor - http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-fletchers-goal-vs-bursaspor/

Debut goal against Wolves - http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2010/10/27/2186063/video-bebes-debut-goal-manchester-united-wolves

I'm not saying he's going to be a good player for Man Utd, I just think that he should be given more of a chance. he has only been with the club about 9 months.

8. Roberto

Roberto Member

LIV fan in peace...

Just a thought but I remember when Nani was really poor whilst sitting in Ronaldo's shadow. Bebe was poor last night (and not begging poor like he used to be) but to be honest there wasn't a lot good about the United performance. Bebe isn't my cup of tea but given time and games, he'll probably turn out good...

9. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

I'm going to have to say, I agree with you. Bebe has only been with us for a short period. Where as Obertan has had the time to improve his game rather than play a one man game on his own.

10. Busby 's Babe

Obertan has looked decent at times and did a few decent bits of player yesterday. He was very quick but his passing and first touch were very poor, quite disappointing. You have to remember though that it is a while since he played and I believe when we signed him he had been out of action for a while?

11. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

Yes, he was out for a while. Both of them have looked ok at times but I hope Obertan's influenced by Nani. If you remember when Ronaldo was at United, Nani was just like Obertan, but has stepped up his game. Let's both give them at least a season more.

12. merrysupersteve

The point you are all missing is that Bebe and Obertan are not better than promising yougsters we have in the reserves. Would anyone prefer Obertan and Bebe to Pogba and Morrison? Well, by playing Bebe and Obertan, we are wasting the chance to give real footballers a chance.

13. Radcliffe-Red-Devil

Radcliffe-Red-Devil New Member

Bebe is now the worst signing Fergie has ever made. Its not the first time he has been stitched up by Carlos on transfers.

14. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, Veron was a much better call...only £14 million plus wages plus sign on fee down the drain...plus no trophies in 2001/02...

15. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Listen I agree I hope he will come good and probably should be given more time but god how he needs to improve

16. merrysupersteve

And we have younger players who are better. Will they be given the same chances? They didn't cost a sizable fee so I doubt it.

17. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

That's the frustrating thing about SAF, some good young players are allowed to leave e.g Shawcross and yet some questionable ones are tolerated e.g Gibson.

18. Radcliffe-Red-Devil

Radcliffe-Red-Devil New Member

At least Veron could kick a ball though. That was a weird one. Bebe on the other hand is absolute dire. I am seriously contemplating ringing Fergie and asking for a game in the next round. Im an ex sunday league player and i am actually better than Bebe.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's a difference between taking a punt on a youngster who could have potential, and smashing your previous transfer record by 50% for a player who adds nothing to the team. Besides which, SAF hadn't even seen Bebe, he just acted based on recommendations. Probably not a great idea, but having spent less than 10% of the cash we got for Ronaldo it's hardly a record breaking flop.

Anyway, I'm reserving judgement on Bebe until he's had a full season in the reserves and a proper pre season. If he doesn't perform next seaon, I'll agree he's a bad flop.

20. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

Obertan will leave in the summer as know way will he get ahead of Valencia and Nani and Park and even Giggs. I am impressed with Da Silva brothers, Smalling and Hernandez this season. Hopefully, Pogba and Cleverly are given chances. Morrison is so talented but his behavior is a disgrace.