1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Beale is here! Mickey Beale’s Blue and White Army!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Apr 17, 2022.

?

Should Warburton be given another contract for next season?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Simple question. LFW have thousands voting on their thread. We are smaller, but more perfectly formed…..

Personally I think he’s done a good job overall, but we need a refresh. I’d be perfectly happy bumbling along, win one, lose one, draw one, but I’m sick of lose five on the trott, which we do every year.

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Can you add a 'not bothered' option?

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

What, for people who aren’t QPR fans? No, I can’t be bothered. Just don’t vote, like in a real election.

qpr1976, kiwiqpr and Wherever like this.
  4. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

As before I voted yes, if we want a good tried and tested manager, why would they come with our budget and constraints. Could we even afford such a person. So they leaves us the managers that have been around the block and unemployed, no thanks, why are they unemployed, should be the first question. We all know the answer. So that leaves us an untried lower division manager or someone that has done well in the Belgium second division.
    Think back to where we were before Warbs. It is possible that we get a few more wins this season and have a top half finish, something we could only of dreamed about 2-3 seasons ago, and keep building.

5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Why would a non qpr fan vote on a qpr site?

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

They might have n opinion. Fans of Rangers and Nottingham Forest seem to have quite strong opinions about Warburton.

qpr1976 likes this.
  7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Im sure they dont really give a ****

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well you’ve voted now, so it’s a redundant discussion.

qpr1976 likes this.
  9. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I would probably have preferred to wait until the outcome of the last few games, but right now I’d say he should be given the opportunity to keep the reigns.
    I’m not sure who is viable to take us forward now, as a club we’ve invested a lot in our strategy and I’m loathe to throw it all out now.
    For that reason I’d give him another season to prove he can move us forward (with the backing of the board, and the coaching staff and players all in it together).

10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If the January window is repeated in close season we're not going to be challenging. Who was responsible for the loanees? If Sir Les is making decisions over the manager's head he's better off quitting, that may give a clue as to whether a decision has already been made. Unless someone with a track record of success on a shoestring is available we may as well stick with him and hope we can recapture our early season form. If Willock, Chair, Field and Dieng are sold we'll do well to stay up whoever is managing...

11. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I’d have got rid of Warburton in the Autumn/Winter of 2020, just before the miracle of the New Year transfer window, which carried into most of 2021.

Whilst I wouldn’t be upset to see him go now, personally I’d give him around 10 games of next season and take a view then, but this really depends on what he tells the Board he needs to do with the squad over the pre-season and how far they back him.

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I get this, but the ‘ten games in’ approach, gives the next bloke a built in excuse, ‘well it’s not my squad’ etc, a la Dedcrapp.

It’s quite heartening seeing the vote in favour of keeping him. I’m just a Jacobin. We have a Guillotine, let’s use it.

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Yes, we're clearly in the minority, which is fair enough.
    I can agree with many of the arguments in favour of keeping him.
    I just can't get past the missed opportunity and his part in it (in my opinion).
    I'm also increasingly finding that I don't like him very much, although if he's successful, that doesn't matter at all.

QPRNUTS, Uber_Hoop and sb_73 like this.
  14. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

I believe we should retain Warburton's services for at least another season.

Do we think year on year our performances have improved? I certainly do and we've managed to build a squad who have shown us that they can play consistently and at a promotion-pushing level. Yes, we had a poor January window which has highlighted the lack of depth in our squad, but we don't know if that is due to lack of ambition/backing from the board or poor scouting. I used to deplore the merry-go-round of managers we had just a few seasons ago, and like the stability that is now more apparent at the club. Stick with what we know, unless we have an identified gem of a manager in waiting. I hope Warburton and the squad get the feedback from such polls as it shows the backing of the fans but more importantly that they have to continue to entertain and win for the badge.

15. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

I agree about the missed opportunity Col, but I really did not think the club was ready for promotion yet, although reaching the play offs would have been nice but inevitably would have ended in disappointment.

qpr1976 likes this.
  16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I know we weren't ready for promotion, but to be honest, few promoted Championship sides ever are imo.
    It's all been said, but these opportunities really don't come along very often and if promotion happens, then the squad needs to be addressed.
    I won't be desperately upset if Warburton stays, I just suspect he's taken us as far as he can.
    Love to be proved wrong.

17. Uber_Hoop

It still feels like the opportunity was thrown deliberately, but I also still think the moon’s made of cheese.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

But with Beth, the nicest QPR fan in history, on our team I think we might be proved right in hindsight.

Of course, 99.9% of managers are sacked so it’s not a big achievement to predict our one will be.

rangercol likes this.
  19. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I voted yes because I think bigger picture-wise he's done a good job without massive investment in the squad. I don't believe he is entirely without culpability in our unfortunate decline this season but has been hamstrung by some bad luck as well. I would say its been a long time since we've had one of our lose 5 or 6 on the trot runs, this is the first time in his reign we've had such a run (I think), it just feels more frequent because it was for so long. On Friday's showing I reckon the dressing room is still with him.

qpr1976, Rodney, QPR Oslo and 2 others like this.
  20. Uber_Hoop

I’m ‘kinda’ with Bob in that I’m not hugely bothered either way.

(Don’t be fooled by Vern, Stan - pure evil, I tell you, pure evil!)

kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.