1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Be a 'friend' and help me screw Newco?

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by EspaniaCelt, Jul 17, 2012.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-chief-executive-charles-green-seeks-help-from-uefa-7952753.html

"... We don't want them to be waived, we don't expect them to be waived and part of me says why should a club waive its debts when it's done its thing honourably. Equally I think I would like the clubs and Uefa to recognise these are not my debts, this is a gesture and for them to work with us where we can come to some amicably agreeable settlement and move forward together as friends."

Green also believes there has been a change in attitude from the fans towards him and revealed they can ultimately own up to 50% of the club. "I am trying to do a job that rescues Rangers for the fans and for the people who own this club."

A brass neck is at least one thing Green has in common with White. He seems hell-bent on continuing the pay-nothing-and-no-one philosophy of Oldco and make as much as he can out of Newco before he buggers off with his pockets bulging - obviously his interpretation of "friendship". I certainly wouldn't trust him as a "friend" and I don't blame the Newco fans for mistrusting him either.

2. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

He's in a proper pickle - if he claims it's a new club then he pisses off all those who are still clinging on to the history of the old club - if he claims it's not a new club then he's liable for all the unpaid sins of the not-new club while appeasing all the fans who want leadership on this point.

3. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

The vulture thought he could make a fast buck or two within a year or so but may have bitten off more than he can chew in this debacle ... but if he can just persuade Newco fans and others to buy into his ideas ...

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

He already sold them down the river with regards to their history.