1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BBC at its best regarding the possible exit of Caulker and Medel

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, May 5, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27285223

according to the bbc,

NO **** SHERLOCK <doh>

2. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Potential buyers are guaranteed to pick these players up for peanuts..

Who writes this garbage!? <yikes> <laugh>

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Probably picked it up from WoL.

4. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

I don't think there's anything particularly offensive there but I agree it's all pretty obvious stuff. But doesn't anyone think that if these players had an ounce of moral fibre they'd accept their part in Cardiff's relegation and stay to take them back up? Nobody in your squad with the possible exception of Marshall has proved they're too good for the Championship. If they had you wouldn't be playing there next season.

5. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Now that is funny, moral fibre from overpaid footballers.

6. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

Yes. I take your point.

7. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

I can't see us holding on to Medel, actually I'm not sure we want to, what wages is he on, hope to sell for a decent price and save on wages with this one.
    Caulker we might hold till January, then it will depend how we are placed.

As you say, not rocket science, we will not be able to keep hold of a few players, and we will certainly be looking to get rid of some of the others.

8. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

caulker will go, so will medel if the right offer comes in, we'll lose a few million on him though.

marshall i'd love to keep him but if an offer (not half up front and the rest if pigs fly) of £6-8m and i'd sell, thats below the market value for the best keeper in the league this season but i wouldn't stubbornly refuse until it gets to silly money as he deserves to play at the top.

as for the rest, there may be interest in possibly mutch, and maybe declan john, but not at the sort of price we'd sell at. the rest will not get any interest as they either aren't up to PL standard, or are, but haven't shown it enough this season.

we'll find out how prudent we've been with players contracts and wage reductions soon enough, i just hope the person in charge of giving players contracts hasn't been reckless as the likes of QPR...

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Marshal best keeper in the prem <laugh> What with your goals against tally <laugh> He is a decent keeper and your best player but nowhere near the best keeper in the premiership by a long chalk...

10. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Caulker on twitter said he wants to lead Cardiff in their fight to go straight back up.

His girlfriend is in Cardiff university.

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Will be interesting to see if anyone comes in for Noone, looked good the games I saw of him. That Mutch wasn't bad either.

12. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Could Caulker resist the temptation of returning to Swansea or Tottenham? Cardiff need to sell to balance the books for next season.

13. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

no we don't

14. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Don't think so. We have 60 million from the Premier League plus a millionaire bank rolling us. Caulker returning to Swansea is about as likely as him staying with us. Liverpool or Spurs will buy him rumor has it. Will probably make a profit from him based on his good performances but a loss on the high price we paid for Medel. Plus a profit on anyone else we sell due to clever Mackay/Jones tranfer fees. We paid 500K for Marshall. <ok>

15. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

you dont have £60 million, Tan has £60 million ...

16. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

With all due respect a large portion on your £60M this season was already spent funding this season, I don't know if this bit is true but I heard Medel was on something close to £40,000 a week? If so then that is nearly £3M in wages alone for one player, you have to factor in the transfer fee on top but some will be recouped. Even we spent £25M in our first season despite doing it on the barest of thread strings.

The parachute money comes in four stages, your wages eat into that massively. So you do need to sell, every club has bad to do it and I am sorry say this but Cardiff will be no exception. I don't see your club making a profit on Caulker, at very best you will break even on him because if a Premier League comes in for him his head will be turned.

17. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

This is probably true as well as including the money we spent in our promotion winning season. I've heard that the parachute payments aren't in batches anymore but in one large lump. This could mean we are gonna be in a tight spot if we don't come straight back up. I don't think we're the sell to stay afloat type of club anymore and if/when we do sell it will probably be at our valuation as the article suggests. I also think/hope that Spurs and Liverpool try to outbid each other for some overpriced English talent. :D

18. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

He's got a hell of lot more than that, how much has Huw the spew got?

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The parachute payments actually total £59M and are paid out over four years in single annual payments based upon the following agreed breakdown.......

"Relegated clubs will receive £23million in the first year, £18 million in the second and £9 million in years three and four. Parachute payments are based on an existing formula that is part of the Premier League's constitution and have proven a necessary mechanism for clubs both coming up and down over the years."

Hope that clears it up.

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Really no comparison .Jenkins doesn't own us, where as Tan OWNs you .All income money goes to Tan and outgoings are loaded on the club .(Thats how he's so wealthy <doh> )