1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Battle of Priestfield

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 30, 2022.

1. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image

2. brb

brb CR250

These are the players we are relying on to keep us up...

please log in to view this image

3. brb

brb CR250

Sadly it was less a battle, but more a case of Rotherham growing stronger, although would certainly like to hail Chapman as my MOM.

Anyway, over to the great man himself, what's your thoughts, because we all know you tried to work miracles, and nearly pulled the white rabbit out of the hat, so close, yet so far, please stay Neil we need honest straight talking people like you...

gioblues and WINDYROG like this.
  4. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Ladies and gentleman I would like to tempt fate a bit, with my result only bets looking like 40 quid returns and possible a double with the man city game I will spend every single penny on the Euro lottery (177 million euros) and i WILL buy the club.So come wednesady and the news says that a single winner from France scops the jackpot. you know what it means.

James

gioblues likes this.
  5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

It would be really interesting to watch Harris progress and Gillingham too, provided the chairman backs him.
    PS appears to either not give a jot or cares less. Has he forgotten the heady days of the promotions of the 90s the years in the Championship, the down turn and the rebounds finally to win a league championship under Martin Allen (only to sack him so early in the campaign the following season)?????
    If this man no longer cares or is no longer interested he should sell and go....now. If he is interested, then he needs to back Harris to the hilt and ...dare I use the 'i' word, invest in the club.
    Not allow the purchase of unfit (physically and possibly mentally too) players, has beens (I remember when he played for me at Mansfield 15 years ago, he was brilliant, he'll do a great job at Gillingham....etc), jobbing loan players and other journeymen.
    Evans sank this club after not being allowed to talk with Stevenage....and PS sat back and let him.
    Just my own personal thoughts......

6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Dear Windyrog - every single word 100% accurate !
    Investment ! - I have said, many times, that Scally has only ever spent £1 of his own money ' investing ' in GFC.
    The only thing he cares about is taking a fat 'consultancy' fee from the fans money.... He is making a fat living (( plus the perk of a company runabout )) -- although it must hurt him not to be able to afford to bleed the Club of enough cash to fund a tax-exile / jet-setting lifestyle.....how my heart bleeds for him !................. and yet - who is the stupid one(s) ?? -

Answer - You and me and every other idiot who keep emptying our pockets - to pour money into the pockets of our chairman - why - because we have the illness of wanting to support the body of our team -- Gillingham Football Club - whilst the real cancer (( Scally's word - not mine )), that is slowly killing my team, is being fed every time I hand over my cash(less) support......... and, purely from a financial viewpoint - who wouldn't do the same as Scally ? - who would sell up the golden goose all the time it keeps on laying golden eggs ? - I'll tell you who wouldn't - a person who cares not about anything other than his own bulging bank balance......

League 2, from next year, is likely to be a very different prospect to that we've known before... This time, I can see much more apathy for the situation at the Club ( both on and off the pitch. ) I genuinely fear administration in the next two years -- and this time, I do not see any rescue --- just the bulldozers rumbling in - followed by bricklayers and construction workers -- and, of course, the only investment in which Mr. Scally is interested - that of £10- 20 million into his pocket.

brb and WINDYROG like this.
  7. WINDYROG

If PS disagrees with our observations, let him come out and openly deny it and put his money where his mouth is. I just don't believe him anymore.....just like a politician, you know he's lying because his lips are moving.
    The buck has to stop somewhere and as the chairman, a businessman who is, I am sure fiscally very astute, knows where it stops. End of.....no whining about Digital TV issues, coronavirus etc....... We are relegated because we deserved to be via political infighting, general mismanagement and an overall lack of interest.
    Fully support Harris or just ***k off.
    You can ban me if you like 'cos I live in France now.

brb and alwaysright like this.
  8. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

in france??

brb likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

Warming up nicely in here, enjoying reading the debate to be fair.

10. WINDYROG

Lived in France full time since 2015 when after living in a tin box in Iraq for three and a half years I bought an old mill house requiring a lot of TLC. Now finished, living in a better more spacious climate and room to ride my motorcycles feeling contented........apart from one of the other things oh so close to my heart...GILLS FC....which always frustrates and excites me at the same time.
    Real football, real supporters, real emotions........deserve more respect from the owner.

brb and alwaysright like this.

11. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

After listening to Harris interviews, loved his honesty about team / club and again heard lowest budget in division. Sounds already familiar to previous managers and we know what happened to them. I know he said he wants Gillingham to do well next season in league 2 but I have real doubts he will stay without enough equipment from Scally. Also said wants all 7 players that are contracted gone. Again that costs money.

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

It got pointed out on twitter quite rightly yesterday, that Harris' words had been mis-translated, so I went back and listened again, and I could see what was meant.

Harris said that 7 players are out of contract, so ALL seven players won't be here - meant as in its entirety, not the whole of something. Harris then quickly followed by, the ones I want and don't want.

I thought the same as everyone else originally, and I did question it in my mind, would Neil be that ruthless in a post match interview, he's a straight talker but he also has a level head, so I had to assume then the latter translation was probably more fitting to his character.

13. WINDYROG

Just over an hour inland from La Rochelle.

alwaysright likes this.
  14. alwaysright

nice ( as opposed to Nice ), but not quite Dordogne or Lot ( bloody hot in summer - and spectacular scenery)

15. WINDYROG

Slumming it this weekend in La Rochelle. 23oC and sunny with gentle sea breezes. Enjoying the local fish restaurants washed down with a few beers. A tough life eh?

16. WINDYROG

Dordogneshire.......soooo many Brits and it rains quite a bit more there. About as far south in Deux Sevres as you can get (2 kms to the Charente Maritime). Second sunniest figures for France.......Allegedly!

17. alwaysright

Windyrog - being 'overseas', at least you can (legally) watch the Saturday games live on ifollow..... mind you - I don't think that, even at £10, you've had value-for-money--- you'd have done better filling up your motorcycle, and gone for a ride.....enjoy the sun.

WINDYROG likes this.