1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barnsley V Leeds Utd Match Thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 24, 2017.

?

SCORELINE : Barnsley v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Nov 25, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

7.1%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Barnsley by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

14.3%
  6. Barnsley by 2

21.4%
  7. Leeds by 2

42.9%
  8. Barnsley by 3 or more

21.4%
  9. Leeds by three or more

21.4%
  10. Leeds to lose, and TC to be sacked

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Barnsley v Leeds Utd
    Saturday 25th November [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds make the 20 mile trip south to Barnsley on Saturday hoping to put the midweek game at the Molyneax to bed.

For me, only a win on Saturday will be good enough.

Biggest dilemma for TC will be between the sticks? Should the gaffer have had faith in felix in the first place, or has he now burnt his bridges with the German?

In my opinion TC bowed to public pressure for Lonergan to start; now the gaffer has a big choice to make.

None of our defenders have covered themselves with glory in the last few months but Berardi seems to be struggling somewhat. Even though Jansson has made more than his fair share of mistakes, I think we should stick with the Swede and build around him. I'd like to see Shaughnessy partner him if I'm honest.

Furthermore surely both Borthwick Jackson and Pennington can return to their parent clubs.

Thoughts?

With Viera suspended for one game, O'Kane will come back into the fold - Poor Klich has been waiting so long, that the cold has got to him. (He was found by the dugout at ER on Thursday morning).

Who are we going to see up front?

Ekuban or Roofe - Or both?

Barnsley are strong at set pieces - Do we think the players would have learnt their lessons of giving away dangerous free kicks?

I don't either.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

2 VOTES EACH

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

_98884041_naughtyfans_78bfq-nc.png View attachment 81970
    Birmingham top arrest list as Leeds
    and Manchester City again near top of data

More Birmingham City fans were arrested than at any other club in England's top five leagues for a second consecutive season in 2016-17.

The Championship was the league with most arrests (455) and 72 of those were fans of Birmingham.

West Ham supporters were behind them on 67, however, arrests across the leagues fell 14% from the 2015-16 season.

Grimsby fans made up more than a quarter of all new banning orders issued across the 24 League Two teams.

A banning order stops a fan attending fixtures for a set period of time and the total number in force at the end of the 2016-17 season had fallen by 7% to 1,929 by the end of the campaign.

Arrests have now fallen significantly over recent seasons, dropping from 3,089 in 2010-11 to 1,638 in 2016-17.

Government data shows that in the most recent season, violent and public disorder offences made up over half of arrests, while fans arrested for throwing missiles saw a significant jump from 59 to 91.

View attachment 81971
    League Two sides Cheltenham Town and Accrington Stanley are the only Football League clubs in Britain without an arrest to their name in 2016-17, while a dozen clubs in the National League can stake the same claim.

Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester City fans were in the top-five clubs for arrests in both the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.

Around a third of Birmingham's 72 arrests were for public disorder offences but trouble at their St Andrew's home is on the up. At the end of the season, 25 of their 72 arrests were at home fixtures, a jump from nine 12 months earlier.

View attachment 81970
    For the second season in a row the Championship proved the most troublesome league with 455 arrests (28%).

But arrest numbers dropped in all five leagues, with the Premier League seeing the biggest fall from 431 to 389.

View attachment 81973
    The 14% year-on-year fall across the five leagues translates to a reduction of 257 arrests in total.

Public disorder (31%), violent disorder (21%) and alcohol offences (16%) remain the most common offences. But missile throwing and chanting offences have seen significant swings.

There were just seven arrests for racist or offensive chanting during the campaign despite anti-discrimination group Kick It Out stating they had seen the number of incidents reported to them at games rise to 194 during the season.

Lord Herman Ouseley, Kick It Out's chair, told BBC Sport that disparity was likely down to better-trained stewards negating the need for police action in certain incidents.

He added: "With an increase in discrimination reports received by Kick It Out for the 2016/17 season, it is important to reflect that racist behaviour still exists in football and that it must be challenged by all parties involved in the sport."

View attachment 81972
    Premier League side Newcastle United had the most active banning orders in place at the end of the 2016-17 season with 111.

Wolverhampton Wanderers (75), West Ham (57) and Millwall (55) were the only other clubs with more than 50 in action.

A banning order typically lasts between three and five years but this can be longer if a custodial sentence was imposed for the offence.

As banning orders can be active for several seasons a look at the ones imposed during the most recent campaign shows Wolves picked up the most with 32, ahead of West Ham (30) and Manchester United (24).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, to be honest, I've given up wondering who should start, I haven't a clue who our best starting eleven are, I just hope Thomas works it out soon.

No way would I have started with Hernandez against Boro yet we looked great, I'd have started the same 11 against Wolves yet we were stuffed..

It seems Klitch is our new Sloth

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Is Klich the new Casper Sloth?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. Leedsoflondon

Morning Ell, excuse my manners.

ellandback likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

That will have gotten Matt’s attention this morning

ellandback likes this.
  8. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Eveing Ell, 60 and all friends Ekuban and Roofe would be a good option. I think our defensive coach, who probably knows more than me about these sort of things will perhaps have spotted the problem from set pieces. A local derby though will be a test, but sometimes I wonder what does it actually mean to the players who are predominanly not from Yorkshire. Do the supporters get to them or is it bragging rights.

9. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt Eric and co from a frosty Bardsey
    I just hope that TC will get a much needed result tomorrow but its not a lucky hunting ground for us
    In goal I would give PF a chance left back play Cooper and Shaunesey and Ayling
    Its about time we saw Klitch and Dallas
    Upfront Ekuban and Saiz

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning London. I read an article earlier this month. Sloth still blames Leeds for ruining his career

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Yes, yes it did. Moaning Eire

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Evening Eric. Have you been watching The Ashes?

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 60 Peacock Farrell is definitely not ready. I' being Felix back

14. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

How do you know PF is not ready Sprake played when he was 17

15. Leedsoflondon

Because if he’s third choice behind those two he must have six fingers missing <ok>

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

17. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

you need to put your keepers on a hamburger diet and play all 3 in goal

upload_2017-11-24_11-56-36.jpeg

Farsleyexile likes this.
  18. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Just curious Ell, why do you think Berardi is struggling?

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is that how it is now, @Eireleeds1 is so unhappy that we have to call him "Moaning Eire"

and....

I feel invisible :(

;) <ok>

20. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Beradi often holds off the defender while he puts his arms behind his back to avoid a handball. Just think this puts him at a disadvantage balance wise and we seem to have a problem this side recently.