1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barce's final bid

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by dylanthomas, Aug 2, 2011.

1. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

Barcelona's final offer for Arsenal Midfielder Cesc Fabregas is 37m (inc 5m from players pay-cut) plus 5m variables. source: Radio Marca

Will this be enough for the board to accept?

2. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Their final offer will be the one where they actually get him. Even if this is their last bid of the summer they will still be back next year with an improved $2.50 bid. As for that offer if it is genuine then it could be very tempting for Wenger.

3. I keep saying this.

Take the money, spend it well and get on with bringing in a new winning era for Arsenal. ;)

4. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

or a new whinging era for Arsenal

5. When Arsenal get back to their winning ways it will be the others who will whinge and whine ;)

6. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

I'm sure we will, WHEN we get an acceptable offer. No point selling him below his worth.

7. ChrisBell1995

ChrisBell1995 Member

i think about it this way, James Milner was sold for £30million and Cesc is ALOT better player than milner could ever dream about being.
    so therefore Cesc's true value is atleast £45million, if not more.
    And before someones says, i know that man city overpay for players and that James Milner was not worth the £30ish million - but thats what Villa got for him in the end, and we should be saying to Barcelona. We can be getting £50million for Cesc from Man City, Up your offer or risk him being sold to them. - I know we would never actually sell him to City because we dont want to strengthen the opposition at any cost and if cesc moves to any club. It would ONLY be Barcelona because of his past.
    Basically, we just need to tell Barcelona to give us the money, a money +player move or shove a rocket up their ass and do one!

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no matter how you look at it, Barca have us over a barrel. How much does Cesc want to leave is the major problem. It seems that he does want to go, which could affect his own performance as well as team morale. I agree, we should take the money and invest that straight into the squad. This should also make Nasri sign a new contract and make our squad stronger.

The real problem here is Wenger and his blind stubborness.......

9. The Magic Man

They don't have us over a barrel at all. The player is contracted to Arsenal for several more years. Maybe he does want to go now (can't recall him actually saying that), but regardless, what message does that send out? We'll sell our best players below their value, just because you keep asking?

We have more chance of Nasri staying if we show ambition and try to keep our best players, as well as strengthening the squad and giving Nasri more money ;-)

Barcelona should put up, or shut up.

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Fabregas will be the best midfielder in World Football within 2-3 years.

Cesc Fabregas is the most creative player in Europe, according to Opta stats.
    The Spaniard, who has been the midfield orchestrator for the Gunners for several seasons, produces a chance from open play every 29 minutes – better than any other player in England, Spain, Germany, Italy or France.

(So there he's actually more effective than Xavi or iniesta in terms of both assists and goals - in what is probably a tougher league)

He's the best player at Arsenal FC and the Club Captain. We should fight to keep hold of him.

'Letting him go' for less than he's worth would be a stupid stupid decision. If we should cash in on anyone it should be Nasri.

11. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

has he handed in a transfer request?

12. TheBear

No he said he would leave the decision up to Wenger.

He obviously wants to play for his childhood club but has also repeated on hundreds of occasions his love for Arsenal and London. I think we could easily persuade him to stay. He has never shown any signs of being unhappy.

13. Ghingolo

Ghingolo Member

Just sell him. Your good enough without him!!!

14. TheBear

Yeah but we're better with him.

Nasri's a very good player but not fit to lace Fabregas's boots.

Ramsey will be World class though.

15. The Magic Man

He has only ever said that we would like to return to barcelona one day. Not now, not next year, but one day.

16. lazarus20000

We have a player that openly wants to leave the club and return to his boyhood club, but is being too nice to say it out loud. We run the risk of having a player that will not give 100% after yet another frustrating season of winning nothing. Id rather keep him but if he wants to go and we get continually harrassed by Barca, then its better to cut our losses and reinvest into our squad.

We will live another day...

17. TheBear

Exactly, he can return as caretaker when he's 65!

18. Of the two, I would prefer Nasri to go first. The Bear's Opta stats are very impressive. I really think it's more than a long shot that we could keep him another 2 - 3 years. If in his heart he does want to leave then his influence on the team may not be as positive as one would like. Leaving the match at the weekend didn't help and the absence of any explanation only leads to speculation. As a captain since I assume he is still captain, that is rather poor show so I have to suppose that he is unhappy in which case, perhaps it's best to let him go at £35m+ and cultivate someone else in the meantime. I prefer him to stay if there are positives in it but that doesn't seem to be the case. Arsene's immediate priority is to the club, not one single player and the situation of Cesc is not the same as that of Rooney where it was resolved happily I imagine, for now.

19. That's true he didn't, so why does he not come out and say once and for all that he is staying?

Cesc's body language appears to suggest that he is torn and unhappy. If we can change the latter then we could have him for a bit longer. Not sure how long that may be though. Cesc's latin temperament, quiet in it's own way, at times says quite a lot - to me anyway.

Y'all have a nice day pals

20. lazarus20000

People are saying that they'd rather keep Cesc and let Nasri leave. Nasri hasn't openly shown his desire to leave us for any club, his major gripe is us showing no ambition by not signing players. This is reflected by our very own fans who are beginning to get very frustrated. Cesc on the other hand wants to go back home but is being too nice to say anything. It's just the inevitable that Cesc wil just lose it and put a transfer request in. If he didnt want to leave, why are we entertaining Barca?