1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Backing

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by trickytree29, Sep 1, 2011.

1. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

I am the one who is worried by the level of backing McClaren seems to be recieving from the board? Any of the regulars on here will know I'm hardly over the moon to have McClaren as our manager, yet if things don't go well (and its hardly been a good start) I will find it hard to lay all the blame at McClarens door. The simple fact is we have brought in less then half the number of players that we have lost. A fact that astonishes me given how small our squad was to start with. BD always used to complain about lack of backing from our board and now it appears McClaren is doing the same which makes you wonder what was agreed between him and our board before he took the job, surely a figure to spend on players was discussed???. I'm afraid given the currant squad half way is about as realistic as I hope to expect to finish

2. RedForestBear

RedForestBear New Member

I'm starting to think that Nigel Doughty runs Forest primarily as an instrument of Tax avoidance [ not tax evasion, that's illegal] the money he has invested is sheltered from tax. The interest on his loans not drawn, hence no tax due. I'm sure as an astute finiancier that all monies channelled into Nottm For FC are done in the most tax efficient manner possible.

When he sells he will take back his loans and interest, possibly at a time when the taxation due can be offset against losses else where.

As football fans we are definitely not seeing the full picture!

3. RedForestBear

RedForestBear New Member

According to the Mirror SMC is considering his future. I have no personal animosity toward him however I hope he leaves if that precipitates Doughtys departure.

4. glynnak

glynnak Member

if smc walks out i think you could get grayson
    he would be perfect for florist---yes sir mr bates ---err sorry doughty i can get the playoffs without any players, we have some great schoolboys and theres this lad in the blue square who will play for nothing.

5. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Daily Mail -
    'McClaren on the verge of leaving' - wait for it - 'to protect his reputation'.<laugh><laugh><laugh>