1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Away ticket allocation for the Premiership

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by alswan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. alswan

alswan Member

With the huge increase in ST sales and Premier Club also sold out does anyone have any idea how the first round,maybe 6 or 7 away game tickets will be allocated and whether Trust membership may play a part?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated as in a fortnight I'm going to have to choose which away games I can target

2. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Probably season ticket holders will have preference on away tickets, I´d imagine seeing as how pretty much all the grounds are 20k plus and they have to have 10% for away fans minimum, then the minimum allocation we´ll have is 2000 tickets...so I don´t think it should be a problem really. Most grounds we´ll get more than the 2k mentioned, and as well as that a lot of the away tickets are going to be stupidly priced this year, so I´d imagine the amount of people following them home AND away will actually decrease, whereas the amount of people following them away will almost certainly increase in general.

3. alswan

alswan Member

Good point re the pricing,but how many do you think will want tickets for Anfield,Old Trafford.The Bridge etc-we sold out Newcastle last year!

4. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

how many tickets to swansea give to away fans??? by the way, at stamford bridge we only allocate 1700 tickets and if the club demand, sometimes 3000 (for the local derbies and the big games).

5. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Cheers Chelseaboi, im loving in london at the moment, and i guess i consider Chelsea as my second team. What are the possibilties of me getting a ticket at the game? maybe in the home stand if the away sell out?

6. alswan

alswan Member

Chelseaboi333
    Next season i think the away allocation will be 2000 only with a slight possibility of more as only 2000 will be available for general sale

7. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

well i'd advise first of all to try and get a ticket through swansea but you're away fans might snatch them up straight away! if not then you could try and get one from the chelsea ticket office depending if the game goes on genereal sale... lets hope you're second team do us proud and get the title back from man united! Well done lads on promotion by the way!

8. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

OK.. a decent amount then and we will most likely sell it out in about 30mins! for preston away in the fa cup a couple of seasons ago, we got allocated 6000 tickets to deepdale... sold out in 4 hours! Look forward to visiting Swansea and the Liberty Stadium next season.. been to cardiff to the millenium stadium for league cup finals etc. and it was OK.. so look forward to visiting you lot next season!

9. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

oh and by the way.. for anfield its normally about 2800, Old trafford is usually about 3000 as is the emirates! hope this helps

10. alswan

alswan Member

Chelseaboi
    Any idea of the prices

11. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

im pretty sure the chelsea away tickets can range from £30 to £50... unfortunately it extremely pricey but all away fans ive talked to have said its one of the best away days... its a nice area and many pubs around the ground!

12. KizzySwan

KizzySwan Member

I think renewing trust membership is crucial this year. I've always thought it was a great idea anyway, but now it will be important for those who want priority tickets.

13. alswan

alswan Member

Will be making the most of selected away days (work shifts and w/ends) so Chelsea was top of the list and £30-50 sounds great .
    From what I can gather aways at the Liberty are going to be flat rate of £35 for all visitors

14. Bucks Blue

Forum Moderator

im happy to pay that... though for places like birmingham away last season... it cost £16.50 which was great!

15. alswan

alswan Member

chelseaboi333
    hope you get to visit in Aug/Sept as it would be worth making a weekend of it-sure you would enjoy the visit to new ground/city in sunshine

16. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Isn´t it something like 60 or 70 quid for Arsenal and Man Utd though? There´s a few teams that seem to have no problem jacking the price up for away fans from what I seem to remember reading... I could be wrong though..