1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Away games thread.

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Welcome to the North, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Any Pictures or Videos?
    Faveroute ground?
    Worst Ground?
    Grounds you'd like to visit?
    Etc...

I'll start off by saying for some reason I hope we draw Macc away in a Cup, as I'd love to visit there ground.

2. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Kenilworth Road, in Luton for the worst. Mind you - this from a Latics fan with our three-sided ice fortress that barely gets 3500 a game.

As for best grounds, it's a shame we never drew Arsenal away in the cup with they played at Highbury. I would have loved to have seen that ground. The Emirates looks impressive from the outside (never been in) but I hear it's a sterile atmposhere inside.

3. Welcome to the North

Yeah, the Emirates sounds dull for most games.

For me, the worst ground was Accrington Stanleys. Away end has no roof, very small, Chilly (Not as chilly as Ice Station Zebra though!).

4. laticdickovarmy

I am actually a gooner but when met missus who is from Oldham she got me into Latics as her dad goes often and i now go up as well, my interest now goes to travelling 280miles round trip to watch the boys and an obsession with Latics, the Dickov factor made it even better for me

Sorry back to real reason for my reply the Emirates has a very good atmosphere, great grounds for atmopshere are Pompey, Villa Park, Ashton Gate and Ninan Park used to be great, speaking as an Arsenal fan Old Trafford is awful, granted United travelling support is immense but the home faithful get outsung on regular basis by away support in my experince

5. Welcome to the North

The Emirates sounded great against Barca. I know Arsenal's away support is far better than home (Our support is awful at home and much better away). I suppose it isn't that bad against teams like Tottenham, Stoke etc...
    My faveroute ground this Season is probably the Plassie Scousers. It has more soul than most of these boxes like Col U's and Chesterfield.

P.S. On this site, you can add photos and create photo albums. I've put a few away games photos on here:
    http://www.not606.com/album.php?albumid=164

6. Welcome to the North

Anyone going Yeovil?
    I will be, hoping Jason Lowe and Morais will be back so we can get atleast One point down in the Westcountry. Not going Exeter because it's Good Friday, but I will be a Swindon last game of the Season.

Looking forward to some proper away games next Season, PNE, Wednesday (Didn't go this Season) and Sheff U.

Paul Dickov's Blue N White Army!

7. Paul_in_Yorks

Paul_in_Yorks Member

Nah bit too far for me to make it this weekend! Looking forward to going up to Deepdale next season as you say.

8. laticdickovarmy

Not going Yeovil but will be going Exeter and Swindon :1980_boogie_down:

9. Welcome to the North

Swindon should be fun. How many are we hoping to take? 400 +?

Yeah, should be a good trip, bearing in mind there is a possibility we might lose Huddersfield and Dale.