1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Away fans at Falmer

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by Arnold_Lane_HCFC, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Couple of questions if I may?

How close to the ground is the train station at Falmer

Are away fans held back by the police, or can they get out fairly quickly?

Want to make a fairly sharp getaway, to get train up to London :emoticon-0107-sweat

Cheers

2. Seagull17

Seagull17 New Member

Once you get off at Falmer Station, you can not possibly miss the stadium. It is literally a stones throw away, so no problems about that, or about getting back to the station after the match. Away fans, so far, haven't been held up and have been allowed to leave as they please. If you're planning a sharp getaway, I would make sure you are ready to depart right on the final whistle, and hotfoot it down to the station. As an away fan, you have the furthest walk. Getting a train to London won't be difficult but I would strongly advise getting one of the fast trains back to Brighton and then getting your train from there, rather than getting a train from Falmer to Lewes and getting a London bound train from there, mainly because they are much more frequent from Brighton and you'll have better odds of finding a seat. I also think the London trains from Brighton have fewer stops than those from Lewes.

3. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

4. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

B*ll*cks - the k.o. has been put back to 5.30pm !!!

There's a fair few City fans that have made travel arrangements at cost, which are now useless, due to this change.

It was bad enough in the Prem having games changed around from the traditional 3 pm slot, but this is taking the p a bit, especially as the university event was planned sometime ago according to your OWS.

Hey bloody ho.

5. H-D

H-D Active Member

And all for a Uni open day. Who plans these things? <doh>

6. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

nobody plans them apparently, that's the problem. I am one of those that bought train tickets in advance to get a decent price. at least I can still get back on a later train at a cost for changing the ticket. for those on Hull Trains the last departure out of KX on a Saturday is before 8pm so no bloody chance.

7. happy hammer

happy hammer Member

I go to Falmer alot, i know im a hammer but it's 10mins from my house so often pop over there just to watch some football, transport links are great for weekend games, but evening games there pretty awful i feel, the beer in the ground is very nice i have to say, they did say they would get away clubs fav beers in but not sure if they have done.

Fans are not segregated after games, i can see this becoming an issue, esp with Palace, West Ham and Millwall going to come to games, not saying these clubs will cause trouble but all have been known to like a rough and tumble.

Have to say the ground is brilliant, and the way its built holds the atmosphere in very well, find the Ultras thing a bit muggy though.