1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Autumn News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry should have started this thread before now.

Argyle start the week with five players that might not be available for Saturdays away trip to Mansfield.

1.....Dom Telford.....Hamstring....did Lowe take him off early to limit any injury.
    2.....Byron Moore.....Hamstring.....not sure how long.
    3.....Zak Rudden.....Returned to Rangers to have his Knee assessed (not the same problem he had in the summer).
    4.....Jose Baxter.....7/10 days out ?
    5.....Joe Riley....back soon.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe is having to make changes every week when he doesn't want to because of injuries....at the moment we need a settled team.

Lowe remarks that last season he had a settled team and injuries weren't a problem at Bury......so he's not getting the rub of the green at the greens.....sorry about that.....I could always get my Christmas cracker jokes out again if you prefer......:rolleyes:.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And we do need that type of striker for these tactics..... Just like Michael Owen, speedy players to suffer from hamstring injuries and once you've had one, another seems to come along soon.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I went to the Dentist today and stood behind me in the queue was Mr Lowe in his Argyle outfit. I think he has had trouble with his teeth due to grinding them together in frustration. I offered to do the honours with the Refs if he got me a telescopic rifle. I did venture the comment that how we had lost on Saturday was beyond me. He smiled politely. He didn't smile after though when he came out and had to make more appointments.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Simon Hallett cancels his £4 million plus loan that was used to refurbish the Grandstand and leave the club almost debt free.....very generous....this leaves the Club able to use repaying the loan for other essentials.

6. notDistantGreen

We bought a programme on Saturday, something we haven't done for a while as so much information is available online. I was struck how much that has improved, including a piece from our revered Club Secretary. This sits alongside the improved club website. There was music from the ground from the very early hour I arrived to get the car in the car park and there was a little play-pitch on the forecourt behind the Devonport End where small children were having kick-arounds under supervision from someone in Argyle kit. That's part of the Family Fanzone initiative to make matchday more of a family day out.

The Grandstand is looking terrific and if you look at Webcam 1, the seats are now going into the lower seating area spelling out "ARG......" in giant letters.

The Exeter away game is to be streamed live at Home Park (for a fee),

Much as James Brent did for the club, there's been a real step-up in all sorts of areas since Simon Hallett took control. Some have cost money, others less so but the overall effect is a much better presentation of the club.

The football is good and even if the results aren't coming yet, I think they will.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Very refreshing to have an Owner who is clearly putting the club first. Exceptional gesture and I think there are few who could find fault with this in any way although no doubt some will have a go. Now all we need is for the players to respond and for the points to start rolling in.

8. notDistantGreen

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It's nice to know that the...Swindon v Argyle game will be shown live on ESPN+.....in the USA.....the question that comes to mind is....WHY ?

10. notDistantGreen

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Everything up front and on the table.....these figures should now stop the moaners complaining about ....."were has the Liverpool money gone".

12. notDistantGreen

As it should be.... but isn't at most clubs.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Alex Fletcher's one month loan spell at Aldershot has come to an end and they are not extending it...so he'll be back with Argyle....not sure where that leaves his career.....especially with PAFC.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Further to the above post........
    Aldershot have signed Mo Bettamer a striker from Barnet.....can we get Alex Fletcher another loan deal....maybe another player off to Truro ?

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not only has George Cooper got a broken nose and a black eye.....but he has also a broken cheek bone,

16. notDistantGreen

Hats off then to the Mansfield fans who boo'ed him off for timewasting.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We've all had a go at opposition players who "appear" to have gone to ground at an opportune time and stayed there for longer than we would have liked. I have. One of them ended up having gone off with a broken ankle in one game. They were not to know it was a broken nose and cheek bone were they.

18. notDistantGreen

I think if you watch it, it's clear he was kicked in the face. I think even I might give an opponent the benefit of the doubt in that case.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

16 points from 12 games must be disappointing for Ryan Lowe.....after all the hype of his departure from sinking Bury.... and the promise of coming to PAFC with an atttacking style of football.... using some of his proven old players from promoted Bury....what could go wrong.

Well injuries haven't helped the cause...something that he never experienced much last season with Bury.

Will Aimson,..Dom Telford,..Byron Moore & Jose Baxter....4 of his players he brought in give the impression that he has bought in crocks....which surely isn't true.

I've made up a list of players that have been in the recovery room too often.

Will Aimson......4 starts....0 subs.....8 missed.....possible 12 games
    Dom Telford.....4 starts....3 subs.....5 missed.............ditto...............
    Byron Moore....5 starts....1 subs.....6 missed............ditto..............
    Jose Baxter......3 starts.....5 subs....4 missed............ditto.............
    Zac Rudden.... 1 start......5 subs....2 missed......possible 8 games.
    Joe Riley..........7 starts....2.subs....3 missed......possible 12 games.

Also we have injured George Cooper who missed Saturdays game, and ever present Danny Mayor came off limping yesterday....I'm surprised he hasn't been out already the amount of times he's been clattered.

Missed games by players including Cooper total already 29....far too many.

This as I've already said isn't something that Ryan Lowe had to deal with last season....lets hope he can keep players fit from now on....if not we're going to have a very mediocre mid table season.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think we are going to have a mid table season anyway. We are too soft in plenty of areas and they will be bullied a lot of the time out of wins,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.