1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aussie update

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Finaalllyyy got a dongle for my laptop instead of having to use the Mrs's mobile phone for scores - I tell you what waking up at 6/7am to follow an Ipswich Town game praying for a result isn't a lot of fun! We're both doing fruit picking - worked a 66 hour week doing lychees aiming to tick off 88 days needed for the year 2 visa.

Anyway this season baring a miracle appears a total write off sadly - we going to get a new striker this Jan I wonder?

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Good to see you on here again Westy mate <ok>

I've never known such depression hanging around the club!

Westlake33 likes this.
  3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Hiya Westy, it's bloody grim here with lots of rumours concerning players in and out but nothing happens, same old bollocks.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Good to hear from you Westy.
    I've been getting up at half six for matches for about 6 six years now so I feel your pain mate <ok>

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

It's just weird - usually back home of late I've listened to the game on the radio as streams have been less available ( if not at the game ) as the SW supporters club has been absolutely fantastic and met some quality people along the way.

I do have to say at the moment I've become a lot less footy mad - I don't think I've watched a single game out here which is probably in my entire life the longest since the age of 4 / 5 I've gone without a game! My first love was Ac Milan - born in 1986 and in a house without Sky, Channel 4s footy Italia was my first chance to get into it properly and follow a side. I always remember the 95/96 Milan side - the best back 4 of Maldini / Baresi / Costa Curta and Panucci I can ever recall!

I've been keeping tabs on signings - rumours of Ward but it doesn't seem to be going at all well this season.

Lets hope for a better second half of the season and I'll try to post more. COYB.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I can identify with that Westy.
    It's weird not having the banter and everything down the pub or at work but I've got plenty of Mexican friends who all love football. That's why I love forums like this as well<ok>
    Keep going mate, it's also slightly less painful I guess <laugh>