1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Au revoir Monsieur Clement

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Only a matter of a few more games. He is clueless with an awful squad. bet the slime balls in the boardroom are twitching very nicely at the minute. 1 win in seven, players playing out of position, no creativity at all, Clucas at left back? Need I say anymore, definitly deja vu, but this season, there will be no saving grace, as we dont have the quality to do it...........<laugh>

please log in to view this image

This shyster needs sacking also

Never mind! :emoticon-0159-musicOver there, over there, Send the word, send the word over there, That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming, The drums rum-tumming everywhere. So prepare, say a prayer, Send the word, send the word to beware, that the Yanks are coming.:emoticon-0159-music.............<diva><diva>

What bloody awful football we watching week in week out!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Yep beware the Yanks ...

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I want them gone tonight..

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Given the state of our squad, especially the limited options to attack, our only hope is to defend and defend by keeping possession. Only one manager has done that and he's currently without a team ..

I nominate Paulo Sousa.

Before being crucified for mentioning his name I'll make my case
    • he knows how to organise bog standard players
    • he knows how to motivate bog standard players to get more than the sum of their parts
    • he knows how to succeed without a strike force.
    • most of the teams he has managed have been free scoring
    • he would still have us in with a chance in January
    • and given a voice in January would be a name players would come to play for (not just under 21s)
    Under Clements it looks like will bore ourselves into submission - at least with Sousa we'd be more likely to take points and I be more confident recruits in January would be game ready.

He also had the good grace to admit leaving Swansea was his mistake.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  5. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

Why do our managers start well and fall by the wayside as they cannot build on their good starts
    Guidoline, Monk and now Clement.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. swanseaandproud

Honeymoon period i suppose. But the main reason as far as im concerned is we sell our best players and recruit rubbish and when you top that up with a manager who has been a No2 except for a short time at Derby and was sacked there and the fact we have a rubbish chairman and owners who have not put any money into the playing side since they have been here then that is one big recipe for disaster...And it's Happening right in front of our eyes ..

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Because there's a "honeymoon "period when players respond to new ideas that wears off and mainly for the past 4 seasons Jerkins has bought dross

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Now we know why Derby sacked him.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I heard he had it off with a players misses?

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I don't think you'd find anyone disagreeing with this post.

11. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I do I used to take a book to read when Sousa was manager.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Huddersfield, Brighton, Palace, you just have to be better than those teams to stay up. I don't think blaming Clement is particularly fair (though I don't watch you every week) as I think of all the clubs in the EPL you have been taken the piss out of most by your boards financial actions over the summer (and before that, if memory serves). If you stay or go really depends on what you do in the January window, rather than who is in charge, imo.

13. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

We'll do fvck all of note in January, while Jenkins & the cronies are in control. They had the chance between May & the 31st of August. They are £30m+ in profit for summer transfers, so what does that tell you!! We needed strengthening all over the pitch, we just 'skirted' the edge..

Clement is to blame too, make no mistake. His tactics, formations, lack of drive-spvnk in the side, ridiculous substitutions, no balls to take risk to win. When we end up losing anyway!!! Side built on being so meek, characterless, spineless, no movement, creativity, no leadership....
    His 'no absolute will to win at all costs', is 'costing' us...

He saved us last season, which we are so grateful for. So he had all the 'cards' to press the cronies to support him in the window. The Siggy situation cost us big time, he should've been vocal about this. Every day lost, was making the inevitable (where we are now) closer. The silence was deafening!!!!! He as good as 'signed off' with this shapeless squad. Even worse though, is his 'default position', he doesn't do flair or pace, we are rigid, predictable, lifeless, benign. There is no attacking DNA to a Clement team whatsoever!!!!

I still think even with this meagre squad we could be better. He needs to revert to 4-2-3-1, especially at home, wingers & width are desperately needed. We need to turn full-backs & put teams on the back foot. Trouble is, due to years of the lack of correct investment, all this attacking flair is needed from our very poor options, until at least January. We're in a desperate position, when we're having to find something from Routledge, Dyer, Narsingh, Ayew possibly, or a kid from the u23s. But we need to try something, because we are going down as it is, anyway...

14. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Clement's not doing himself any favours in this interview, possibly??!!

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Two things I take from this,

1. He's saying that the players aren't good enough - well he should have opened his ****ing mouth during the window, because we could all see this.

2. I think he's lost the dressing room.

16. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Did we deserve a draw? Not from what I saw (from 30 minutes of kick off).
    Andy Carroll could have had three, we had one shot on target from Wilf and that was from 30 yards.
    That sounded like a defeated man.
    Attacking the strikers publicly when they have had no service won't help.

17. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Mother of one of the players, allegedly?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  18. DragonPhilljack

Indeed! He looks like a manager shot of ideas, and might I add a tad on the Rookie side, very worrying so soon into the season, I think he has lost confidence in this squad, rather than lost the dressing room as Valley has suggested....................<ok>

When Swans are flying likes this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

Yes, and clean out of ideas too!......................<ok>

20. swanseaandproud

That tells you he has no morals......He is a lucky man to get a premiership job as manager with his record...He has been at some big clubs i grant you but never with any responsibility of running the club, He had his first job as boss at Derby County and although none of us can really comment on his short time there he was sacked and most managers at some point get that done to them.....I would rather listen to the fans as they generally give you a better incite as to how they think he is doing........The vast majority did not think he was a good manager but there were a few that liked him. I was all for giving him a chance and said the jury is out for me but how long do you give him is the question........I now have seen and listened to him and am now in the camp of not good enough and won't get us enough wins to stay up......I wish i could have some smidgen of confidence in him but i dont even have that....