1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attacking football or grinding out results

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Nick HCAFC, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Nicky is in the Fail today talking about his attacking philosophy which should please fans who didn't like Pearsons more negative approach of grinding out results and getting points. I'm just wondering if we have the players to play too open and attacking in this way, and whether Nicky has a plan B so that we can defend leads, and against better teams we could really get caught out, just hope it doesnt happen today? Maybe it is better to take a point sometimes than try and play and get battered?

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Its not either or is it. Man U always look to attack. Though a strong midfield enforcer would allow the others to play instead of Warwick Davis in there. Keep going Nick.

3. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

i think attacking will reap its rewards with victories soon, barmby been a bit unlucky so far, let down with some sloppy individual errors...
    id rather go for it and win 2 lose 1...then draw 3 in a row, stating the obvious but the points rack up a lot quicker.

4. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a question of attack or defence. It's a simple question of people doing the right things when we don't have the ball. Wewent to sleep for short perids against both Soton and Burnleh and we go no points from those games.

WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO PUT EMPHASIS ON ATTACK AND LEAVE DEFENDING OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I said before, it won't be many more defeats before peopl start to lose confidence. Then we will be in trouble. Lets stop leaking goals NOW. We can worry about style later.