1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

At least it will be over...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by GeordieHalfbreed, Aug 31, 2017.

1. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

While I'm finding the lack of signings as depressing as the rest of you, the following thought just struck me:

As of 11pm tonight, we know what we have got. We've got a good coach in Rafa. We've cleared out some of the dead wood, so there are fewer players putting in feck-all effort and picking up huge wages for it. We know the team we've got can play good football - they showed it against West Ham. If they play that way all season, we'll beat the drop. That's all we ask. I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't take 17th this season if we were offered it today.

So at that point we can just get behind the team we've got. Frankly, I think having the vague hope that we might get someone better in has just made things worse. And frankly, nearly getting sent back to the Championship might be just the kick up the @rse that Gayle needed.

Judge Death and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I hope you're right. I'd snap your hand off right now for 17th.

3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Well said, but we do need to to give some of the boys and girls a few days to beel, unless of course one of ACS' insurance bets comes in then he'll be happy.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  4. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I'll be beeling with the rest of them! I've got until 10th of September to get it all out of my system.

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Rafas not staying after this. Bilic will go quite quickly afterwards as Wet Spam will know with £5m and a previous ageeement to join they'll get Rafa. Nobody in geordieland will blame him and he'll rescue them from their predicament, doom us in the meantime and we'll be back where we belong.

6. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Oh it'll be over alright.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

It will be ok. When Rafa walks we can get Shola in as our new manager :D

Judge Death likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We will stay up comfortably. We have more than enough in the squad, no excuses for Rafa.

9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I assume this is a joke?

10. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

A mass clear out is always good, unfortunately no one's replaced them; it's now looking like we should have hung onto plenty of them - yes I'm glad we've ditched ****e like Riviere and Hanley, but the likes of Anita, Gouffran, Daryl Murphy and De Jong would have all been decent squad players that we needed to back up this ridiculously thin squad.

Rafa made it perfectly clear how pissed off he is, this is gonna be the last straw, West Ham we'll be ditching Billic in a heartbeat now, knowing that Rafa's gonna leave us at the first opportunity.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Of course, We are in a relegation battle for sure.

I have to say I do find it amusing though the fans used to beat Pardew over the head about "the line" and our lack of activity. Now the exact same thing happens with Rafa, its all "**** Mike" etc. Then when it is pointed out many say yes but Pardew was party to it and didn't stand up to him. Kinda like Rafa, no? I think you have to credit both Rafa and Pardew for not doing a Keegan and taking the easy option.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We're ****ed up every crack and crevice.

13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think there is a key and potentially pivotal difference in that the vast majority of fans are behind Rafa, whereas the majority in the past saw the manager as part of the problem. If Rafa was to walk away from this, I am pretty sure that the vitriol and/or apathy will be a bit different.