1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Assess Midfielders New & Old (Oct Int Brk)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Part 3 Assess Midfielders New & Old

For the purposes of this part I'm going to keep the Midfield to those recognised on the Official Squad as Midfielders.

Jean Michaël Seri He seems to have the class to be a Premier player, but for me he doesn't take enough responsibilty when opportunites araise to shoot, he's scored one brilliant goal but I want to see him do that more and take on defences, make them panic, rather than most of the time pass the ball and responsiblity.

André-Frank Zambo Anguissa Has played some part in the majority of games but has only really had mixed games. It seems Jokanovic wants a partnership to develope with Seri, but against both Spurs and Everton they failed to get the upper hand. Early days yet.

Ryan Sessegnon We have to remember he's only 18 and I think he's coped relatively well in most Premier games he's played considering the learning curve. I don't want to see him in a LB role, I want him further forward doing a Damien Duff role tracking back when need be. Is Jokanovic sometimes trying to accommodate him into the side at LB but it weakens our defence as the Centre backs have to cover his forward runs.

Kevin McDonald For me this boils down to a tactics issue. If you want a more solid defence you partner McDonald with another DM and less attacking fullbacks.

Stefan Johansen A bit like McDonald has suffered from the introduction of new players and the tactics.

Neeskens Kebano Injury again has stalled any Premier debut even from the bench. Have a feeling he McDonald & Johansen will not be first choices for Jokanovic.

Tom Cairney Has the mystery injury come back to haunt him again. Will we ever get a fully fit Cairney. So unless he becomes injury proof soon a replacement may have to be sorted in January.

Ibrahima Cisse Just put him down as a Tax Loss.

Luca de la Torre & Matt O'Riley on the fringes if injury strikes.

Doriley likes this.
  2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

You've done it again SuperBri. What's to add?

We both said after the first couple of games that Cairney looked lost/confused since everything was going through Seri. Then in the Burnley match they got themselves sorted and boy how well did they work together. But Cairney was injured in that game, we haven't seen him since and Seri is the one looking lost.

Seri clearly needs a player alongside who he can rotate positions with and Anguissa hasn't been that player. Really thought Anguissa would be the 'rock' defensive mid but since he's come in as a regular has been playing right midfield - don't know if it's a Gaffer tactic or he's simply drifted there of his own choice but it's left him neither defending or attacking.

The Gaffer needs to sort out their roles properly.

Last word ... on Cairney. Believe it's a different injury this time; ankle as opposed to knee. But you're right in what you say. Frustrating and baffling that news trickles out saying he's 'possibly' available when he never makes it onto the field. The Gaffer might not be a "doctor" but he sure as hell needs to get a better service from those who are OR is he listening to the player rather than the doctors?

Super Brian McBride likes this.