1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ashley Williams

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DayDoDoeDontDayDoe, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

Liverpool fan in peace

Whats your view on whether Ashley Williams will go in the summer

People are saying he will be our number 1 CB target,but MOST LFC fans dont want him.I think a lot of LFC fans believe we will overpay on someone just cos BR knows him.
    We think hes a ok player, but the fee that will be put on him will be way above his true worth ,so most LFC fans want to get someone better,younger and cheaper from abroad

If he goes , realistically waht do you think the fee will be. Like I say I want us to get someone else,and I think most LFC fans agree

2. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

What, like Borini?

He's easily been one of the best central defenders in the PL this season (although for my money Flores is better), and is better than the likes of Mertesacker and Lescott so it's an easy eight figures. £12-15m ought to do it. Unless of course there's a release clause, in which case we'll have to settle for ten.

3. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

I think he will go but he would prefer arsenal over your lot. Liverpool will still be a work in progress next season and ash is 28 , meaning top 4 should be his aim. Liverpool will be more of a gamble imo. If he did go then 10-12m should do it, Laudrup will get someone better for 6m so it will be a good move for all

4. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

I don't think he will go.

We will be coming into the second season under Michael Laudrup, and already we have won a cup and gone into Europe. I believe Ash will want to stay for at least one more season to see what we can achieve.

Should he go, it won't be to a none top 6 club, and for no less than £10 million.

But, a little bird tells me he will be staying, and I believe he will too.

5. Pete from Crete

Pete from Crete Active Member

Dai is on the inside ,so he has the inside news!

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

He was meant to join Liverpool last season but couldn't because of the gentlemen's agreement so he will be joining Liverpool when the seasons over...£6 -£8 million is the figure that he will go for, Vorm is also in the frame to join Brendan At the figure between £8 - £10 million......

7. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

Where did you get this info, or cant you say :bandit:

8. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

He was not meant to join at all. There was contact, but ash refused to even discuss a move away.

Vorm will not be off. He has a bad season compared to last. If he did though, I'd be happy with the money and tremmel.

9. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

Probably doesnt make you feel any better but we all want Dede from Vasco De Gama on the LFC board,wouldnt be surprised if we end up with Williams though.Knowing our owners not sure they will sanction a bid for a 29yo at all, never mind for more than £10m.If its more than £10m dont see us signing him

Regards Vorm,I dont see us signing him, as I dont see Reina going,Barcelona seem to have a deal set up Ter Stegen of Monchengladbach and dont see where else he would go, maybe Arsenal but think they will want someone younger.

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Regarding Ash and Vorm, gives us 30 million for the pair of them and I'll happily drive them up to you <cheers>