1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Worthy Out! | Football, Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland' started by merrysupersteve, Sep 5, 2011.

1. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I'm not one for bandwagon jumping but this man has to go. Going to Windsor Park to watch Northern Ireland play has become a huge ordeal under this man. I really do struggle to motivate myself to leave the house and turn up for the dross that I know I am going to witness (and I live around the corner from the stadium).

For anyone defending Worthless and blaming the players, I ask you 2 things. Firstly, "When does Worthless ever show any form of tactical acumen or adaptability?" and a more general "What is Worthless doing to justify his managerial role?" He is an uninspiring, unskilled jobber.

I don't expect Northern Ireland to win every game, I don't expect us to qualify for a major tournament - but I do expect us to try! This damage limitation, long ball football has to stop. We may not be good but we can at least attempt to play good football, given that we aren't getting results with the negative long ball dross that Worthless serves up in every game.

The worst thing about the man is his delusion. A draw against Serbia would have been a pretty good result. But Worthless went further than that. He claimed that the stadium would have been "bouncing" had we got a nil nil. Seriously Worthless, is that what you think? The stadium would have been bouncing, had our insipid long ball game yielded an undeserved nil nil draw, our 3rd in 4 home matches? Well that pretty much sums him up.

And the key thing is that we didn't get that nil nil Worthless. We lost. Again. Please just **** off and destroy some poor club side in England. The mere talk of a new 4 year deal makes me shudder.

Rant over.

2. As a Norwich City fan, I can certainly sympathise with your plight. Worthy was pretty clueless with us too!

3. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

Yeah I still remember when you guys needed a who at fulham on the final day and he masterminded a 6 nil defeat. Just about sums him up!

4. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

God it makes you yearn for Lawie Sanchez, he seemed to make us pretty strong at home with the odd decent away performance. Ironically I recall some supporters moaning about an Englishman getting the job when he was appointed.

5. Rubik's Tube

Rubik's Tube Member

Worthington ran out of ideas the year the following Norwich's relegation from the premier league. However, a couple of years before he had built the best Norwich team we have seen for years and absolutely ran away with the Championship title. He also had the team playing some very slick/ exciting football and built a top quality squad without breaking the bank. He needed to again exceed expectations to stay in the premier league and failed to do so.

It is a worry if he has run out of ideas at NI tho- once that happened at Norwich our team got worse and worse till he got sacked (and worse still afterwards).