1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal youngster Emmanuel Frimpong considers Charlton switch

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Arsenal youngster Emmanuel Frimpong is mulling over a move to Charlton Athletic, the East London Advertiser reports.

The 19-year-old defensive midfielder has struggled to make an impression on the Gunners' first-team. Frustrated at his lack of chances, the youngster has now gone public with his potential transfer moves.

Frimpong signed for Arsenal in July 2008, but hasn't featured for the senior squad yet. His progress was hampered by a knee ligament injury at the start of last season.

He is now likely to quit the club this summer, with the Addicks or Championship side Cardiff City both reportedly interested.

He said: “It was a difficult season for me with the injury and the comeback, but I think I will need to look elsewhere if the current situation continues.

“Cardiff and Charlton have made enquiries and my understanding is that they’re very serious about me. If I’m not going to get regular play at Arsenal, then what is the point in staying there?”

2. D'Jeezus MackAroni

D'Jeezus MackAroni New Member

So a 19 year old who missed the whole of the last season (he made a playing return in mid-April but was woefully short of form and fitness) is demanding games or he will leave??

This after a succesful pre-season where he was very much in contention for a squad place before the injury.

Smells like BS to me.

3. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Could just be a recycled story to be honest, he was linked with a loan move to us this time last year (though Parky said he had shown no interest).