1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Nov 4, 2016.

1. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

please log in to view this image

Venue: Emirates Stadium
    Sunday, November 6th 2016
    KO Time: 12.00 BST

Head to Head Against Tottenham Hotspur:
    Played: 172
    Wins: 72
    Draws: 47
    Losses: 53
    Goals For: 270
    Goals Against: 234
    Goal Difference: 36

Last 6 Meetings:

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Arsenal
    Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
    Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Arsenal (Capital One Cup)
    Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Arsenal
    Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
    Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Arsenal

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Sunday's north London derby against Tottenham at Emirates Stadium
    on the team news...

Kieran Gibbs has been touched on his shoulder and I don’t know how will respond to that. I will see today [Thursday]. After, the players who did not travel like Cazorla, Monreal, Walcott - there is still some uncertainty today. The closest to coming back looks to be Walcott. We will have a test with him.

on Bellerin…

Hector has a test. I left him behind [in midweek] because I was cautious with him. We could have basically forced the issue, he could have played maybe in Bulgaria but he should be alright [for Sunday].

on Nacho…

He has tests today and tomorrow and then we will decide.

on Cazorla…

He is similar, he has not practised yet - he will try to go out today and we will see where we go from there. He is a doubt, yes.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Hope we smash em.

winifred122 likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd feel much more confident going into this game knowing for sure that we had Bellerin, Monreal, Cazorla and Walcott. But I'd expect to see at least two of them in the team/bench. We're playing some great football at the moment going forward, we just need to make sure we defend properly from set pieces and crosses, that was a weakness against Ludogorets.

I think Spurs will have noticed this and will try and load balls into our box as a result. If we can manage to contain that, then I don't see them having a huge threat otherwise. Anybody know the latest with Kane ?

4. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

Kane is in the squad tomorrow. Whether he starts or not is another question.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He's had a long time out, so even if he's in the team he's going to need some time to get match fit. Even with that said, he was in ****e form before his injury. Let's hope it lasts <ok>

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Looks like Dembele, Toby and Lamela are all out. Kane will probably be on the bench.
    We are poor going forward, can't buy a goal from open play and lacking confidence.
    You lot are flowing beautifully all over the pitch and look like you believe you can score at will.
    You are fast, imaginative and decisive going forward whereas we are slow, deliberate and lacking in imagination.
    We have been defensively good which is our only hope of keeping the score respectable. Anything can happen but none of the things I am imagining are good for us.
    Haven't been this unconfident of a NLD since before Martin Jol was our manager.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really ? All out ? They are big players for you and will be missed.
    We are waiting on fitness checks on Monreal, Bellerin, Cazorla and Walcott, so we could have some key players out too.

It's so difficult to predict the NLD's. Over the years form has gone right out of the window, even the other way around when we have been poor and Spurs playing well. I remember being at the Emirates in 2012, when you were 11 points ahead of us in Feb and went 0-2 up after 20 mins. We came back to smash you 5-2 and eventually leapfrog you once again

I hope Spurs continue to be as flat and predictable as they have been over the last few games. To be honest, I think you've been really fortunate to remain unbeaten in the league so far, although you've lost a couple recently in the League cup and Champions league. I hope that we inflict your first league defeat and go top ahead of city and 6 points clear of you ****z :)

8. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The pressure is on Spurs to up their game and start winning. If they produce the same dour stuff that they've been playing all season, then a hammering is coming their way. If that happens then i can see their entire season unravel, much the same way as it did last season.

But i expect a competitive game, considering its the NLD. Pochetto will probably go defensive and try and frustrate Arsenal due to them being off form. He knows a loss will be a huge setback for them mentally. We need to beware of their sh1tty play and beware of the counter, it can easily happen when you're dominating.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Just read this spurs forum match thread:

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a single player in the world beyond Messi and Bale who can do what he (Kane) does - and even they lack his tenacity and work rate. And yes, I did just say Harry's name in the same sentence as two of the best players in the world. Because he is too.

11. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

Form really counts for nothing in the NLD. Your team is the same team that smashed City a few weeks back! You have had your dodgy spell in the league, the key is you have not lost and in some of the games, you have been unlucky. Moreover your defence is ultra solid, which is the least of what we can say about ours. I think it would have made for a better game if we were both playing splendidly well, then we could go for it and have a good game. I expect a very tight game, draw or you guys nicking it!

12. remembercolinlee

Those injuries for us were on the usual sites so they look accurate.
    I think that our problem is clear . We are not really capable of scoring. In the league we were good until the last international break. We'd played 7 won 5 and drew 2, scored 12 and conceded 3. But have draw all 3 since.
    We deserved all our wins, and think the draws were about right.
    Form does go out the window in NLD and it is also one of terror best derbies for neutrals to watch.
    There have been five or six 2 all results, a 3 all, a 4 all, two 5 -2 results, a 4 -1 and a 5-1 result and a 3-2 result ... all in the last 10 years.
    There was also the 5-4 result from 2004.
    Both teams have lost 2 goal leads on several occasions.
    Here's hoping for a good match but I honest fear the worst for us

13. remembercolinlee

Nothing like the NLD for bringing out the "glass half empty" side of all of us
    <laugh>

14. Sign Da Ting

<laugh>

15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this!

looking at the line ups now and Cazorla hasn't made it back. He really helps our team tick over and will be missed. Bellerin, Walcott and Monreal all overcome fitness tests to make the stating line up though.

Tottenham
    • 1Lloris
    • 2Walker
    • 5Vertonghen
    • 27Wimmer
    • 3Rose
    • 15Dier
    • 7Son Heung-min
    • 12Wanyama
    • 19Dembélé
    • 23Eriksen
    • 10Kane
    Substitutes
    • 9Janssen
    • 13Vorm
    • 14Nkoudou
    • 16Trippier
    • 25Onomah
    • 29Winks
    • 38Carter-Vickers
    Referee:
    Mark Clattenburg

16. Sign Da Ting

Cech,

Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscheilny, Monreal

Coquelin, Xhaka

Walcott, Ozil, Iwobi

Sanchez

The XI we were all expecting.

17. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Arsenal
    • 33Cech
    • 24Bellerín
    • 20Mustafi
    • 6Koscielny
    • 18Monreal
    • 34Coquelin
    • 29Xhaka
    • 14Walcott
    • 11Özil
    • 17Iwobi
    • 7Sánchez
    Substitutes
    • 3Gibbs
    • 5Gabriel
    • 8Ramsey
    • 12Giroud
    • 13Ospina
    • 15Oxlade-Chamberlain
    • 35Elneny

18. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Kane fit enough to start for Tottenham, hopefully he is still off the pace enough to not have an impact. Going forward is where Tottenham have been struggling recently so we don't want him arriving and changing that!

19. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think they'll be going for a defensive counter attacking game plan, so we need to make sure we finish our chances and don't overcommit.

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think we have the stronger bench available for this as well.