1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Watford

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Mar 9, 2018.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Easy 3 points for the gooners this weekend to confirm we are fully in a Wenger In cycle of the season after the 2 nil win in Italy.

Watfords tactics will consist of praying Gomes does gift Arsenal a goal or two and for Troy Deeney to get under arsenal players skins by claiming that they are a team of pussies :bandit:

Wenger has settled on a new tactic of asking his players to run around, kick the ball towards the opposition goal and to stop the opposition from scoring...it is this kind of tactical nous that has led Arsenal to go on this tremendous unbeaten run that is the envy of Man City, Chelsea and Spurs who are all in a horrible losing streak.

As ever a full 52, 000 crowd will provide an intimidating atmosphere by fully supporting the boys in red proving once again that high ticket prices bring the best fans to the ground!

Arsenal now have a chance to build up a head of steam in the charge into the top 4.

Even if they bottle top 4 after bottling the League Cup final there is no way on earth they will bottle the EL so CL football, massive summer signings an a new Wenger In era beckons!

2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

We can get a maximum of 72 points, and could reasonably hope for 69 points, with 5 home games and 3 away games left, and only one of those games against a top 6 club. If we can get Lacazette back fit, I don't see why we can't beat Athletico.

My feeling is that the club have already decided Wenger's fate one way or the other. My opinion, based on the way he is phrasing his replies to questions, is that he has already been told he is done at the end of the season.

So I haven't given up hope of CL football and I don't think it will make any difference to whether Wenger stays or goes. And I think we will crush Watford.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

can you give any examples ?

Personally I reckon he will see out his contract.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Exactly, if anything his latest comments are alluding to him seeing out his contract.

5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

No nothing specific, just that he seems to be far less concerned with players contracts and long term stuff. He was really non-committal about Wilshere's contract as well, as if it was not his problem, or a concern for him anymore.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can't say I've read that into his demeanour personally. My feeling is that he'll want to see out his contract, so it's up to the board to decide what happens.

7. As a Watford fan I obviously hope we win but have a horrible feeling you will kick on from Thursday.

As an aside, tomorrow is John Motson's last full radio commentary. Hopefully we both give him a game to remember! <cheers>

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I also believe Wenger will be allowed to see out his contract.

I can see us going on a small run between now and the rest of the season in the league because we have 5 home games and only united away that’s tough on paper. This will be enough for the board to say “ah why not have your last year”, which would be a foolish foolish decision.

As for the Europa...I can’t see Wenger winning it unfortunately, but hope I am wrong!

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

They've made a collective mess of the whole situation. They've had plenty of opportunities to make it a last year for Wenger without damaging Arsenal in the process. What a bunch of Muppets.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah can't believe Motty's time is drawing to a conclusion. He's literally been an ever present figure in the game my whole lifetime. Bloke is a broadcasting legend

11. remembercolinlee

pretty certain that it was him in the 1970s who said " for those watching in black and white spurs are playing in yellow" <laugh>

Deleted....... and PINKIE like this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Racist

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. remembercolinlee

he also said in an early 1980s commentary "Crooks just did the spade work for Archibalds goal"...crooks being a black striker and Archibald being white ... was nothing in it but I have never seen it when they show old matches and I can't find it on line...do either it has been got rid of or edited or I made imagined it...considering the ****e I put in these match threads the later is my guess <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Some classic Motty lines down the years. I remember at the 2002 World cup in Korea when the games were on in the mornings in the UK, he was making all sorts of breakfast analogies, like 'I imagine that tackle from Gattuso has got some of you choking on your sausage'. So unnecessarily funny <laugh>

15. remembercolinlee

oooo eeerrrr missus <laugh>

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There's an old clip that I'd love to find, but haven't been able to:

Motty is commentating on an Arsenal game and Lee Dixon is trying to shield the ball out for a goal kick, the attacker is pressuring him so Dixon shoulder barges him to make sure he doesn't get to the ball as it goes over the line. Dixon thinks he's won a goal kick and is aghast to see that the ref has blown up for a foul against him. The camera zooms in on Dixon and he's clearly seen mouthing 'What the **** was that for !' to the ref. Motty pipes up and and says 'Well, that was for the foul actually Lee' <laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. remembercolinlee

In the 1991 cup final Steve Sedgley gave Roy Keane the ****er hand gesture to which Motson said...that's unnecessary

<laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<rofl> Motty commenting on stuff that doesn't need to be brought to attention.
    I wonder when he's at home he's like 'Well, the missus has just come out of the bog and the place sticks like an Elephant with diarrhoea.'

19. remembercolinlee

<laugh>

20. Euro 96 Germany v Czech Republic "they're complaining about the free kick - well, the Germans never did like giving territory away"