1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal v Southampton Sunday 8th April 14:15

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Apr 4, 2018.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Arsenal v Southampton
    Emirates Stadium, Sunday 8th April
    Kick off: 2:15pm

In the words of the great Martin Luther King:

“I HAVE A DREAM”

2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Sunday 8th April 2018
    14:15 Arsenal v Southampton

Referee: Andre Marriner
    Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Long
    Fourth official: Mike Dean

#welimpon

SaintinSerbia likes this.
  3. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

I remember when we played arsenal under Koeman, middle of a terrible streak. Everyone thought we were going to get hammered, but we won 4-0.

I would like for this to happen again, please footballing gods. #bringbackCuco

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Thanks, Fats....someone had to take the bullet. #hero

fatletiss likes this.
  5. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

We will win

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

This is one of those games that all the other relegation candidates write off as a banker. Whenever we've done that the top sides have let us down.....but this is our moment.

7. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

If Martin Luther King was a Saints fan.

"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Southampton dream.

I have a dream that one day this club will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all players are created equal.”

I have a dream that one day on the red and white hills of Southampton the sons of former Pompey fans and the sons of former Liverpool fans will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state we are in, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of depression, will be transformed into an oasis of victory and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a Premier League where they will not be judged by their bank balance but by the content of their play.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down at the Emirates, with its crappy fans with its governor having been there too long; one day right there in the Emirates, little Saints players will be able to join hands with the fans in a victory.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every game from now on shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Saints shall be revealed, and all fans shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to Southampton with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our team into a beautiful symphony of Premier League survival. With this faith we will be able to work together, to sing together, to celebrate together, to go to Wembley together, to stand up for the Southampton Way together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of Saints fans will be able to sing with a new meaning, “Oh When the Saints Go Marching In.”

And if Southampton is to be a great team this must become true. So let our cries ring from the prodigious hilltops of Hampshire. Let our chants ring from the mighty mountains of the Emirates. Let our words ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Wembley!

Let Victory ring from the Emirates!

Let Victory ring from the King Power Staium!

But not only that; let Victory ring from Stamford Bridge!

Let Victory ring from Wembley !

Let Victory ring from every hill and molehill of Southampton. From every side of St Mary's, let Victory ring.”

8. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Confident we'll win this one

9. fatletiss

10. fatletiss

11. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Saints_Alive likes this.
  12. fatletiss

13. fatletiss

Snap.... ah well. Worth seeing twice!!

14. fatletiss

I’ll promise that the next 7 will be more detailed and with more effort :emoticon-0126-nerd:

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  15. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Just seen that Hughes was supposed to be cheering on his daughter this week when she represents Welsh hockey in the commonwealth games. He’s sort of gone up in my estimations - that he is so committed to football to put that second (not sure I could). So long as he stands by his word of picking those players who can show a fight as opposed to this who look the most talented on the training ground- there’s no reason we can’t get something out of this game.

McCarthy, Cedric, Stephens, Hooedt, McQueen, Romeu, JWP, Hoejberg, Long, Austin, Sims

Subs: Forster, Hesketh, Redmond, Yoshi, Bertie, Tadic and Davis

16. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

I'm going. I've seen Saints twice this season - Fulham and Wigan. Bring it on.

17. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Probably told this story before but I was in Dubai for Christmas that year. Had placed an accumulator on the Boxing Day games (think it was Boxing Day, around Christmas anyway) and all of my other selections had come in. We were on a **** run as you said and I had Arsenal to beat us as my last game. Sat in one of the bars at midnight in the hotel sipping away on £11 pints as Arsenal battered us for the first 20 minutes or so. Then we go and win 4-0, my bet was worth a few grand which I obviously didn't win and I had run up another few hundred bar tab getting bollocksed on extortionately priced booze. Being so confident we would lose and I would win my bet I told my mates who I was there with that I would cover the bar tab before the game started.

Was probably worth it though for that goal

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  18. fatletiss

Maya Yoshida to play and captain the side for me. He may not come across as a typical leader, but he leads by example.

19. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

20. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member