1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Newcastle

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Dec 15, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

There have been lots of complaints at the Emirates lately mainly centering around the poor service in the catering department...that will be resolved this weekend as the fat spanish waiter is paying a visit

#boomtish

Newcastle's main tactic is to give the ball to Jonjo Shelvey and hope to **** he scores and doesn't get sent off.
    Toon haven't won in 6 matches...haven't bought a player in 6 months, haven't bought a decent player in 6 years and have Shearer blubbing on MOTD...
    Serves the ****ers right for selling the footballing God that is Sissoko <whistle>

Arsenal's main tactic is to less **** than they were v west ham and southampton.

Wilshere will start this week cos Ramsey recently become both injured and ****e.

There is a rumour than both Ozil and Sanchez will leave in January but Wenger's response at a recent interview (when asked about the possibility) was to put his fingers in his ears and scream
    "I ain't listening mo fos ... Ner Ner De Ner Ner"

The race for the top four is very tight with 4 clubs separated by just 1 point. It will change this weekend when we lose to Money City which will lead to you bitches taking the piss all week about how normal service is resumed.
    But before you all give it the biggun remember this...

:emoticon-0173-middl

Solid_Air 2 and TheBear like this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I take no pleasure in seeing £££ City winning.

Apart from if they smash you ****s tomorrow :)

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Hard for me to get even remotely excited about this one.

Team has been ****ing **** lately.

Oh well.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really ?

I’m up for every game we play personally.

5. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Maitland Niles is impressing. We should play him in the middle! Instead of xhaka. He can do it.

6. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

1-0. FT.

Disgraceful performance. Embarrassing.

Newcastle are in very poor form, have 1 point in their last 9 games, struggling for goals or creativity yet they very easily could have nicked a point off of us. Had it not been for an exquisite Mesut Ozil volley (which come around once in a blue moon), we would have had a third consecutive draw against an uninspiring team.

We are so ponderous and languid with the ball, it is frightening. When I watch us play, I see a painfully average side that is a million miles behind the likes of Man City.

After the last two dour performances, I wanted to see us play with a real purpose. I wanted to see energy. I wanted to see steel. There was basically nothing after the first 15 minutes.

Bellerin, Iwobi and Xhaka are currently not good enough for the first-team. How they have all featured in the last few games is beyond me because they have contributed nothing to the game. Wenger still refuses to make substitutes when it is clear the game plan is not working. He waits far too long.

Lacazette was awful today, probably the worst I've seen him perform, but it didn't help that he was also starved of service. Perhaps we need to try Lacazette with Giroud up top in games where we are struggling to kill off a game. Shame Wenger never tries it.

Seriously though. It is worrying that teams find it very easy to nullify us. Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton all attempted to get players behind the ball, defend in numbers and then break forward on the counter-attack when we inevitably get impatient and over-commit. If teams adopt this blueprint against us, they will know we won't breach their defence and will in all likelihood, get a point from us.

To conclude, we are sloppy in defence, cumbersome in midfield and our attack at the moment is toothless.

I don't know about any of you guys, but I am not brimming with confidence going into the Liverpool game.

7. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

The result is most important, so glad we actually won the game.

I agree there are players in that team that shouldn't be playing. I would play niles at RWB in place of bellerin for a bit, and play kolasinac. (Not sure what he did wrong to lose his place in the team?)

As for xhaka, I just think he's not good enough, I would stop playing him altogether.

I would definitely drop Sanchez at this point, not sure if it's lack of confidence, or if he's just apathetic - but he's been poor.

I think the Liverpool game will be different to the last 3 as I don't think they will sit back and defend. Hopefully the 4-0 mauling from august instills some fight/ motivates our players to get some payback

8. BrunelGooner

The reason why the Liverpool game concerns me is because our defence is not great at the moment. In fact, I'd argue that had we been playing any of the top 7 in the last 3 games, we would have lost all of them. We are extremely unconvincing in defensive situations.

I know Liverpool aren't that great in defence either, but their hard running + high pressing style of play is our kryptonite. And their forward line can score goals for fun, whereas ours are seriously struggling. If I knew we were going to defend deep, close down the gaps and play on the counter, I would say maybe we would stand a decent chance. But we are (most likely) going to go toe-to-toe with them, which is tactical suicide.

I just can't see us getting the result we want.

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

In what way does anything logical ever seem to motivate our players? Wenger isn't able to do it certainly. Our only hope vs Liverpool comes from the fact that they're as bad at defending at we are. However the problem we have is that they're better in midfield and attack than us so I'm not confident.

How the culmination of team building of a manager who's been there for years at one of the richest clubs in the world can result in the abject embarrassments that fill half our first choice positions for the first team week in week out is beyond me.

Player recruitment is abysmal. Tactics are non-existent. Style of football is so, so poor. Results are now also poor. Screw it, let's reward the culprit with a new two year deal and pay him £1000000000000000 to do it.

Quilllogic likes this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Didn't see the game today as I'm only just back from work. Suspect there's been a bit of moaning about us only winning 1-0. But **** that, a win and 3 points, I'll take that any day of the week <ok>

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is moaning because we only won 1-0. In fact there's only nine posts so not many people seem to care full stop.

The few moans are because we play **** football.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Oh well **** the moaning then. I care and I care that we got 3 points <ok>

13. BrunelGooner

The issue isn't 'only' winning 1-0, Piskie, it's the manner of the performance and the fact we are seeing the same issues crop up repeatedly without fail. If we perform on Friday like we have done in the last 3 games, Liverpool are going to rip us to shreds. We need to sharpen up as soon as possible. Otherwise teams will continue to have a lot of joy playing against us. The big teams, in particular, will be relishing the opportunity.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I agree we've been ropey, but I'm happy we won.
    We played some amazing football against Utd and still lost 1-3.
    Would rather take a scrappy 1-0 any day of the week <ok>

15. BrunelGooner

We only started to play properly against United after being 2 goals down. We had no choice but to go all out, at that point. Even with that performance, our defensive malaise & naivety cost us getting something from the game. Which is exactly my point - we can get away with dodgy errors, loose balls etc against the likes of Newcastle, but Liverpool are not going to be so forgiving.

It's also interesting that you bring up the United game because a common theme we are seeing in the team is our inabillity to break down stubborn defences with midfields sitting deeper. When Pogba got sent off in the 74th minute, you would have thought we would capitalise on the extra man advantage of the pitch. Yet I can't recall a single chance we had after that point.

Liverpool won't be playing like that, but they pose a different type of threat which, in the last few games against them, we haven't been able to cope with.

I'm obviously relieved we won today, but I am thinking about the bigger picture and, so far, it's not looking so rosy.

Quilllogic likes this.
  16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I agree with all of that. I'm making a point about being happy with the 3 points today because I think people concentrate on the negatives too much sometimes. A win is a win regardless.

That said, we have the same old problems still. Sloppy in defence, starting games in a pedestrian manner, dominating possession and failing to score, thus always leaving ourselves open to conceding and dropping points.

17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

A wins a win. Im happy with a 1-0.
    Great goal and thought Wilshere had a good game.

18. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Football is a weird old game. Made the Spuds look like a bunch o' c*nts and have been bang average since. Hoping part of it is us being complacent against "weaker" opposition. Maybe we'll turn it on against Liverpool, you never know. TBH I can't see much beyond us getting royally shafted but good Arsenal may decide to show up. 3 points and a clean sheet though so yay and all that.

winifred122 likes this.