1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Sep 7, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

So after the transfer window closure and the international break proper football returns.

Arsenal waited until 5 hours before the window shut, (when their target had an international to play so wouldn't be able to talk or take a medical) to bid £92m for a player they really really wanted.

Reminds me of the time I really really wanted to save my relationship with a girl when I was 18 or so. I was so really really trying that I went out with my mates, got bladdered, turned up two hours late to meet her and told her that I could only stay 20 minutes cos I had plans!

Lamar would have joined but he was too shy shy ... hush hush ie di ie!
    (Come on ... you mo fos all remember Kajagoogoo even though you pretend to be clash fans)

Arsenal are in trouble with City, who are considering complaining about Arsenal cos Wenger had the ****ing temerity not to sell Sanchez to the greatest manager ever. Poor city have been saving up for several seconds to afford Sanchez after only spending a miniscule £380m in the previous 15 months.

Bournemouth have had a terrible start to the season losing all 3 matches and have a poor away record in the premier league so this match is vital to both teams.

Sanchez has been blubbing like a pussy and Ozil has been slagging off arsenal legends who actually tried on the pitch while Ian Wright has been putting across his views in a carefully considered manner, as is his way...

FB_IMG_15042128310411.jpg
    <whistle>

And to make a poor week worse this was the Oxs view of Liverpools match this weekend.

"We had a great win over those southern ponces last time out and have wrecked those cocky mo fo bastards season. Teach them to mock us cos it ain't next season yet. And Ozil claiming the Charity sheild is a trophy...WT actual F? He has won the World cup but brags about the charity sheid...dumbass. Hope they enjoy Thursday nights...now...any chance you can not nock me hub caps ?
    YNWA "
    It may appear that I have paraphased it but it is a verbatim report.

Most people are hoping that Arsenal go into full meltdown but I genuinely fear that that Blud Fam Man from Arsenal TV will actually break the interweb.

So in the interests of new fangled technology it is best th....you ain't gonna buy that ****e... so may the best team (from the south coast) win <whistle>

danishqp, EmirAleks, BobbyD and 2 others like this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

10-0 to Arsenal on the back of this match thread now. :)

3. remembercolinlee

No commenting if you ain't liked the post you tight git <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Like-whore. <laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  5. remembercolinlee

More of a tease than a ho <laugh>

6. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

We really need a solid performance to get everybody back together, so we can start having fun again.

7. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

1-0. Welbeck.

Powerful run from Kolasinac and a great cross. Welbeck scuffs it in with his shoulder/chin.

Not the tidiest finish, but who cares? Great start.

8. BrunelGooner

Bellerin <doh> Completely ruined our momentum with that awful clearance. Had time as well.

9. BrunelGooner

Lacazette <applause>. Lovely goal to make it 2-0.

10. BrunelGooner

Welbeck made it 3-0 about 10 mins ago, finishing off a lovely counter, but he almost made it 4 (and would have been his hat-trick) with a wonderful chip that just went wide.

He's looked really good today to be fair to him. Ran the channels, pressed from the front, looked lively, linked up well with Lacazette and got two goals. Shame he doesn't perform like this more often.

11. ToledoTrumpton

Like all players he probably needed a decent run in the team. He still had his careless moments, but Strikers I guess are there to score goals, and fair play to him, he did that.

12. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Good result. Basically what I expected.

Kolasinac and Lacazette both looked good today. Laca's goal was top draw.

Thought Xhaka also had a decent game. Im still very unconvinced my Monreal at the back though - He is not a CB.

13. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Good result, happy to see he players have the necessary focus to get a comfortable result.

It's bournemouth at home but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Real test next week, let's see if we have learned anything. The same amount of focus at Chelsea would help.

14. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

BrunelGooner, like I said, too early to talk of a crisis.

15. BrunelGooner

I'm happy with the victory and performance, but come on. If we had dropped points today, it would have been a bigger crisis than I imagined. Bournemouth had 3 consecutive losses prior to the match against us. Teams like Bournemouth who try to go toe-to-toe with you aren't games I'm worried about. It's the Everton's, the Leicester's, the Stoke's, the West Brom's and the Watford's that I do worry about (mainly away from home). And that's even before I mention the traditional 'big' games against the top 6 where we've historically not done too well.

The crisis that has been mentioned isn't just related to our on-pitch performances, it's about our off-pitch matters which have deeper and longer term consequences if we don't find a resolution soon.

Quilllogic likes this.
  16. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

If you had lost yes, but you didn't. Why talk of "IF?" Talk of what happened and let's see whether that's the win to kick start your season.

17. BrunelGooner

The point I'm making is that winning today doesn't automatically mean we are out of a crisis period.

Quilllogic and D.G.C. like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Been working all day, haven't seen the game yet. Good to get a result which we badly needed. Let's hope we can kick on from here.
    No bigger test really than Chelsea next week :)

19. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Weird having fullbacks in their natural positions weren't it? Er...with the exception of Monreal obviously. I mean I appreciate Bournemouth were sh*te but the defence looked far more balanced with players knowing their roles properly. Some nice performances in there too I thought. I liked the Tanks crossing/pull backs. I thought Lacazaette's movement and link up play was better than I'd imagined it would be and I enjoyed having at least two CBs playing. Hopefully we'll gain a bit of confidence and be less sh*t in the future.

Chelsea away on the weekend is it? Oh.

PINKIE likes this.
  20. ToledoTrumpton

I think we will see Monreal more in the CB position now, particularly if we stay with 3 at the back. He isn't terrible in the air and the formation needs more mobility from the flanking CBs that a traditional back 4.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/11/hecto...gue-after-shaky-start-so-can-arsenal-6919934/

Young Hector makes a very good point, but can we get behind the team the way Chelsea fans got behind their team last year?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017