1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal sign Spain starlet Alvaro Morata on six-month loan deal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Dec 3, 2013.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...orata-on-six-month-January-transfer-loan-deal

ARSENAL have agreed to sign Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on a six-month loan deal in January.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has been keeping a close eye on the 21-year-old and has pounced now in order to provide back-up for his frontman Olivier Giroud.

Spaniard Morata has made only one start in La Liga this season and is desperate for first-team football to boost his chances of making the World Cup squad travelling to Brazil in June next year.

Is this confirmed? If so woooohoooo, we now have some backup for Giroud (or Giroud is the backup). If this is true then I feel a lot more confident of going into the January with this guy. He's supposed to be a real talent but how good is he?

2. lazarus20000

3. velachiperoo

velachiperoo Well-Known Member

Kid does look a real talent, but overseas players ( more so young ones) need a settling in period. It seems weird that we would get a 21 year old, who is no where ready to lead and will need to adjust to the rigours of the EPL, for 6 months as cover. I imagine between Pod, Theo and Morata Wenger must feel Giroud has enough cover plus I guess it gives us variety in terms of different types of strikers. Interesting if it does happen.

The conspiracist in me reckons Wenger is playing a devious long game. Get the kid in get him to fall in love with Arsenal a little. Then go back for him in the summer or after (maybe when/if RM get another striker such as Suarez or Aguero).

4. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I haven't found any other sources to confirm this, would be a nice signing if true particularly if he turned down Sp*rs to join us.

5. lazarus20000

Its a possibility that Wenger is looking long term, he is a shrewd customer. As for Morata adjusting, if a player is truly class, then he won't need much time to adjust. He's playing for the best midfield in the league that creates a hell of a lot of opportunities. The best club for him is us and he'll flourish playing under our system.

6. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Wenger denied we had any interest, at the presser.

7. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

I've been watching him at Real for a while. He definitely has potential but considering how young he is, I'll be surprised if he adapts to a new league/country quickly. This is surely a long term plan. Thankfully we have quite a few Spanish players to help him settle in.

8. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

9. lazarus20000

That's annoying. The Daily Express says we've signed him on loan but it's rubbish. Damn these newspapers and their lies!

10. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

You are talking about the Daily Express and Daily Star which are owned by the same person.

11. lazarus20000

Double the bullshit

12. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

There is a website called something like "DailyExpressBingo" it tells you all you need to know about the rag.Basically the Express only runs about four headlines.e.g. Diana's death,the weather,immigration.benefit cheats.

13. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

roll over few years.. who has the kid?

gills4prem likes this.