1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal next. Is Sarri up for it??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Trying very hard to cut Sarri some slack, but he doesn't make it easy. No, I'm not with Stan and his "Sarri sack" garbage, but it's time Mr Almost showed something different and changed his one dimensional approach which is never going to win anything.
    Understand he's done extremely well to have us where we are with a pretty ordinary squad but his stubbornness is now holding us back.
    Seems as though Hudson Odoi and Christensen threatening to piss off has finally woken our dopey management from their stupor. For the first time our kids are sought by Bayern and Barca with serious money being offered. No loans to Aston Villa or Newcastle, but proper serious money bids. From never playing kids and droning on about how they need patience and must improve here and there, Sarri's suddenly had an Epiphany, and the kids threatening to leave are "almost ready" in Sarris' plans.
    What a load of bollocks.
    Were Sarri half the manager he is supposed to be, and the Board half as stupid as they always are , at least 3 more of our 1st squad would be match ready.
    With more game time, I have no doubt CHO would now be a 1st choice starter, with Willian and Pedro fighting for the other spot, RLC a regular midfield starter ahead of Kovacic and Barkley, Christensen would be a worthy rotation player for Luiz or Rudiger, not quite as good as either yet, but hugely better than Cahill, Emerson could be rotated with Alonso, Kante could be playing where he's best suited, and Chelsea could be a couple of points closer to Liverpool, with a much better prepared squad. Most interesting is Sarri today saying Ampadu, "with more work" could play Jorghinos' role in midfield. This is something I have been slagged off for suggesting on more than one occasion. I think Ampadu is potentially a better midfield prospect than RLC, because he controls where he plays, and a better prospect than CHO. He is the one who should be played and played.
    Instead we've had Barkley proving week after week he's a Championship player at best, Jorghino unable to cope with the pace and toughness of the PL week after week, looking fragile and lacking vision.
    So, who'll start against Arsenal, who I think will run us ragged?
    Your guess is going to be better than mine, but here's my team
    Kepa,
    Dave, Rudiger, Luiz Alonso
    Kante, RLC, Kovacic
    Hazard, CHO ( if he's still a Chelsea player) Giroud.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Naas Blue and Bodinki like this.
  2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

it's sarri, your team there is a pipe dream. Also RLC is injured.

Sarri will do the usual with hazard as a false 9

3. The Ginger Marks

Why would anybody want to rotate Rudiger? He is the leagues best centre back.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

He is up there for sure, but even he can't play every game, nor can Luiz, and if either need a rest or get injured ,having Christensen and /or Ampadu match fit and able to slot in would seem a sensible way to go. Playing them only in the 2nd string comps and not with the first squad means they need time to adjust. That's why Christensen has looked off the pace, he just doesn't play enough, and when he does it's usually alongside Cahill. Enough said.

5. The Ginger Marks

Everybody here was complaining when Christensen was playing every week and playing badly at times. Seems ya just can't win eh?
    Ps. Didn't Lampard play every game for three seasons a whiles back?

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

And VVD and laporte have played pretty much every game. They are defenders they dont run as much

StanDMan likes this.
  7. The Ginger Marks

You pretty much want a settled defence most of the time if not all. When we had Terry, Ivanovich, Cole and Paulo those were pretty much permanent fixtures week in week out. Others would await there chance, can't see what's changed?

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Don't try and confuse me with facts !!!
    Lampard could probably still play every week, just wish he was.
    Maybe when we start playing better and score a few more goals, Sarri might at least sub on some of the players needing more game time, that would be a good move, with Luiz possibly in his last season and Pedro and Willian getting on a bit, be nice to see our better youth players come through.

9. The Ginger Marks

Pedro for sure, although very skilful lacks pace, same with Willian. Odoi is the perfect replacement for Willian and with Pulisic coming in that will again be a tight midfield. Also there’s talk of a playmaker coming in next season from Eastern Europe.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

That playmaker would need to be Vladimir Putin to liven up our midfield. Odoi and Pulisic could take us through for 5 years, IF we have the guts to play them.Odoi needs to keep playing, not every game, but more and more often and by seasons end we should have a gem on our hands ( or Bayern will )

11. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Fancy us for a point at least.I could be wrong though<laugh>.COYB'S.

12. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

That's not looking good atm

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It's ****. Sarri baffles the **** out of me if I'm honest.

BobbyD likes this.
  14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

he does, he wasn't happy we don't play it quick enough but we just look so toothless up top.

Hudson needs to be playing more too

Blueman and The Ginger Marks like this.
  15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

that was woeful. Just so predictable in the way we play. If Hazard doesn't do something special we look bang average in the final 3rd.