1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal fan in peace...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by white_gunner, Sep 2, 2011.

1. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

First off, I don't really know much about your financial situation; all I see is that the bank is stopping you from signings players, which is very unfortunate. (As an Arsenal fan, I too know what a lack of signings feels like. Well except for this transfer window...)

And thats what I am here to talk about...our signing of Mikel Arteta...

Ive always thought him to be one of Everton's better players, and it is nice to see us signing proven premier league players for a change. BUT I must admit, 10 million for a 29 year old...was a bit questionable for me. I think you boys got the better of the deal here...

In your honest opinion can you see Arteta doing well for us? Or was 10 million a bit too much for him?

2. ArabianExpat

ArabianExpat New Member

what im agthering from everton fans is this:

10 million was a pretty good deal, he is 29 weve had his best years, he has never really quite captured his best form since his bad injury of 2009. Im sure he will suit your style of play though and will be a decent player for you but replace cesc most definately not, the one major plus point in most everton fans is that we wont have to see him take and freekicks or corners again, i hope you like seeing your corners blasted into the first man every time, but we all wish him well he gave good service to the club and understand his reasons for it, really its a good deal for both clubs but most definately his best days are long behind him.

3. I'm happy that this transfer has not put anyone's backs up. That your club is hindered by the bank pains me since I consider Everton as my second team. I hope the season pans out well for you and you'll soon have the bank off your back.

4. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

My stepdad supports Everton and he is gutted about Arteta leaving. Says Everton will lack much needed creativity. Says Leighton Baines is their only hope...

5. ArabianExpat

ArabianExpat New Member

Back and Raring to Go! yea possibly he is a creative spark but he was playing in cm since his injury and was pretty ineffectual picked the easy 5 yard pass most of the time, hes at his most creative and terrifying on the right wing.

he played less than 50% of our games since returning from his injury and we won more when he was absent than when he played so although its a blow and the squad is weaker the cm positions we have plety of players, if their was a position we could afford to lose a player thats it, and had we not sold him thjis time round we would get less and less for him,.