1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Arrivals / Departures lounges, Summer 2023.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Mar 22, 2022.

1. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

I find the Sorensen saga difficult to understand. He has never let us down in any of the games he has played in and seems a reliable, committed player, unlike many we could mention.

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

He looked great alongside PLM against Man Utd, Everton and Watford I think it was, possibly our most consistent period performance wise.

He's not particularly quick but he breaks up play and anticipates danger, like Skipp did, rather than reacting.

4. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. I'm not saying he's the answer to all our midfield problems, but, as you say, he has never let us down so why the hell don't we try him, especially now there is nothing left to play for?

zogean_king and CitySlicker2010 like this.
  5. Jedi-Canary

Jedi-Canary Active Member

would be nice if some of them could play a part in the final few games of the season and perhaps hopefully help get us some points to finish above Watford.

6. SuffolkCanary

It’s the fact that he appears to be the defensive type midfielder that we need, that will stay back and assist the defence that has puzzled me all season.

7. SuffolkCanary

They’re not able to play for us this season are they? Didn’t they need to be registered?

8. NorthCityCanary

NorthCityCanary Active Member

Except they won't sell, nepotism of the highest behind closed doors. I may not have agreed with everything KIO wrote on here, but position the owners is one of them, we will never compete in the EPL without solid financial backing, we'll always be yo-yo little ol' Nodge.
    It's a bit like me selling my house, yet only considering people who like my decoration style & preventing them from changing it & ensuring that I retain full access to my previous house once sold. Were Wrexham an 'attractive financial proposition'? Were they a better investment?

I'd quite happily have Red Bull Norwich at Carra Road for instance.
    Wonder what the reaction from some on here would have been if Ryan Reynolds & McElhenny (sp?) had purchased the club rather than Wrexham

9. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Using the house analogy I would say its more about giving consideration to the effects the new occupants may have on you neighbours.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  10. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

It all depends how well you get on with the neighbours.<whistle>

zogean_king likes this.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm looking to sell to a drug dealer

12. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Wrexham cost peanuts. The shares in our Club are worth a lot of money so if the people had that sort of money to spend for no return they wouldn't have bought Wrexham. The likes of Red Bull wouldn't be interested in us. Big money investors want one of the big City Clubs not a smaller rural Club. A lot of Clubs have fallen for false promises from new owners only for it to backfire when they go back on their promises{ look 45 miles down the road ) or are really asset strippers (Coventry)

13. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome home, Todd!

AFC Bournemouth are yet to contact Norwich City regarding the future of attacking midfielder Todd Cantwell, Canaries boss Dean Smith has revealed.

Speaking ahead of Norwich’s Premier League clash with Leicester City, Smith confirmed that AFC Bournemouth are yet to tell the club whether or not they intend to activate the buy option in Cantwell’s loan deal that would see his move to the Vitality Stadium made permanent, via Connor Southwell.

Cantwell left Norwich for Bournemouth during the January transfer window on a loan deal that would see him remain with the Cherries for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign.

It was reported by The Athletic when the deal went through that there was a permanent option involved, which would be worth “more than £10 million.”

Cantwell has had minimal impact since making the move, though, appearing just 11 times in the Championship and failing to either score or assist. He also missed Bournemouth’s crucial run in with a back injury.
    The 24-year-old’s contract at Norwich City expires in 2023.

The Verdict
    It is not a great surprise to hear that Bournemouth are yet to let Norwich know that they intend to make Cantwell’s move permanent.

The money reported to make the move permanent is a lot for a player that has had very little impact since joining the club on loan, and who has struggled at Premier League level in the past.

Whilst there is still time for Bournemouth to activate their buy option, it looks like they are hesitant to do so.

14. Golden Eadie 2

I think it slightly unfair to say he struggled in the past Cromer. He was one of our better performers last time round, seven goals I believe.

Bure budgie likes this.
  15. Golden Eadie 2

Time for a root and branch change of personel? Krul out? McLean out? Aarons and Pukki sold? Rupp out of contract. Williams, Kabak, Normann, Gilmour returned to sender. Is Placeta ever going to a quality player? ditto Tzollis. I honestly have no idea how good our squad could be next season from our existing players. Rowe and Springett have come through from youth, Gibbs was on the bench on Saturday. Are they ready for an assault on the championship title? Omo and Idah will be, hopefully, fully fit. What of Gibson? Adshead and McCullum back from loan. Are they now considered first team squad players? What does the future hold for Cantwell? And Sargent?
    Answers on a postcard please.

And I have not mentioned Rashica, Hanley, PLM. Gianoulis.

Edit:- Or Sorensen.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  16. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Got to assume all the loans will return to their home clubs. Still a possible "Russia" issue around Normann that could make him an option. I think we'd be bonkers to sell Pukki for anything other than ridiculous money given the cost to find a suitable alternative. Aarons on the other hand could be our only real money-maker this off season and in Byram and Mumba we have cover. Aarons won't get close to the sort of money that was being quoted just a season ago though.

17. Golden Eadie 2

Seems to me Normann was playing better when he was injured than since returning from that injury.

18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Got to say I think Normann is overrated. I'd prefer it if he didn't stay.

19. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Normann started the season OK, imo.
    Needs to go back to his bleached hair. :emoticon-0147-emo:

20. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yeah he was playing well before he got injured and has been naff since

DHCanary likes this.