1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Argyle...v...Doncaster

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cooper, Aimson, Opoku, Watts, Edwards, Moore, Camara, Fornah, Mayor, Jephcott, Hardie..

Subs
    Ruddy, Nouble, Telford, Reeves, Grant, Law, Abraham.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...Jephcott...34 mins

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Argyle considerably better pretty much throughout but nevertheless much more nail-biting than it needed to be.

Still, 3 points in the bag and now a week off by which time we could be back to full strength apart presumably from George Cooper.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Little late putting this to bed

Argyle...Jephcott 34mins...Edwards 68 mins...2-1...Doncaster...Okenabirhie 73 mins.

Good win against one of the better sides in this division.

I didn't watch this game.....but unanimous agreement amongst posters was that Danny Mayor was MoM.....he laid the first goal on a plate for Jephcott.

Doncasters goal was a bit of poor defending in the end....playing on their scorer with one of our players walking back into the playing area from behind the goal line.....lack of awareness that Argyle had lost the ball in a dangerous area.

With the Accrington away game postponed on Saturday because of Covid....this gives our squad time to get back up to full strength and gives Lowe a problem regarding who then to play in defence.......next game at home on Tuesday 3rd Nov.....against Swindon.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I didn't think that was one of Mayor's best games TBH. He still caused Mayhem but ran the ball out and misplaced passes in a few key situations.

I thought the back 3 played well, I quite like Opuko. He's short on experience but looks comfortable on the ball for a 6ft 5 CB. Fornah continues to impress me too and Camara did OK. We need to sort out this business of how we stop quick breakaways after we've had corners or freekicks and the back 3 have gone up but that's down to the management not individual players.

I don't think either Luke Jephcott or Ryan Hardie are firing on all cylinders yet but they've both scored this week, Hardie on Saturday and Jephcott last night.

So to the wing backs. I've always liked Joe Edwards and he did well including a good goal. My MoM though would be Byron Moore. He was up and down until his legs must have been falling off and he's always had that pace to trouble defenders.