1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are Leicester City boxing clever or just playing stupid!

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by KOBY, Jul 22, 2011.

1. KOBY

KOBY Guest

So far Leicester have signed ... a complete new squad including.... ​
    Konchesky
    Pantsil
    Mill's
    Nugent
    St Ledger
    Danns

They have been by far the busiest team in the transfer market this year,as a West ham fan I have found our own transfer policy lacking some what but at the same time
    Leicester seem to be happy to go in for anyone that has once played in the premiership
    with such players as David Nugent and their new move for Michael Ball who has been retired for the last two years but has sniffed out a last pay day with Sven.

At present West ham have signed Kevin Nolan,Faye and what looks like Taylor
    in the next day or so,With a capable squad including the likes of Noble,Tomkins,Collison,Piquionne I think the hammers are looking at quality not quantity and I think this will show throughout next season.

Leicester will be up there but Im expecting them to maybe do it through the play off's ​

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The difference between the Championship is something that some player can and can't cut.

Nugent couldn't hack it in the Premier league, that was obvious.

But his last two seasons in this league have seen him score 31 goals, that's not bad for someone who played on the wing for one of them.

Mills, Danns and St Ledger are all proven to be quality in this division which is why other people who have actually seen these players play are quite envious that we have managed to make these signings.

Koncheskey knows the English leagues like the back of his hand and his experience will be vital in seeing us past the finishing line and Pantsil is also an experienced player who has a steady head

PErsonally I think all of our singings have been very very good and I am excited to see how well do do.

I personally feel that West Ham won't do as well as people seem to think.

I reckon you'll be in the top 6 but wont get through the playoffs, the top two will be filled with two of Middlesborough, Ipswich and us while you can pick anyone to finish in 3rd to 6th.

3. Vich's riches are fit for a King

Of the players you've mentioned above (other than Kevin Nolan who's clearly a cracking signing for you guys), Noble's the only one who'd give a Championship manager sleepless nights and I'll be amazed if he's still a West Ham player come August 31st. Collison is quality on his day, but that day only comes about once every two years as sadly the boy's a permanent crock. It'll be interesting to see how some of your players cope without Parker holding the spine of the side together too (and doing almost all of their dirty work) because if ever I saw a one man team then you guys were it last year. I wouldn't be too surprised to see you struggle to be honest - many a club have come down here with their so-called Premiership 'stars' and really struggled. Then again, you could do a Newcastle so who knows!

4. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Pantsil is a liability,he played for West ham for a season,he loves going forward but anytime he's going backwards
    he tends to fall asleep to often,

5. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

Hey Goby, let's see what happens on the pitch before you start writing our chances off

6. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was his first season in English football and he has become a better player since then.

Fulham fans havn't got a bad word to say about him.

7. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Everybody mentioned last year that West ham had a squad too good to go down,now BIG SAM has arrived I
    am very confident that the lackluster efforts that we saw throughout 90% of last season will be turned
    into hardworking quality play for this season.

Mark Noble will be with West ham next season,he is a quality player who is in love with West ham,and is West ham.
    I have no doubt that he will be there,I cant see anyone offering the £5M + that WHU would ask for...

Collison was out all of last season but apart from that he has not suffered injuries and has not got a repuation as a sicknote,hence the previous season when he played under Zola without any troubles for the whole season.

Here's to an interesting season,I predict West Ham will wrap it up with 5 games to go!

8. KOBY

KOBY Guest

And that's why Fulham have him sitting on the bench and have let him go to leicester ?
    Like I said he's good going forward but cant defend.

9. glynnak

glynnak Member

long ball teams rarely win the champioship these days

10. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh Fulham, the club that, while Pantil played for them, got to the Europa league final?

11. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

whu have forgotten how to win.....one thing is certain the "west ham " style of play won't be on offer from big sam....we will be playing more football than the hammers.. they will play like bolton's reserves....how many of the original players will want to play sams way? and have the stomach for the fight?

12. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

You're wasting your breath with this lot Andy - they always think they're better than they are - see "too good to go down" claims etc.

14. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Ha Ha Ha,yes Fulham got to the Europa final and it was all down to Pantisil,also the reason Liverpool won the
    European cup was down to Jimmy Traore!

15. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What are you saying?

Are Fulham a one man team?

Did they get to the final because of one star player?

No, its because they had a cracking squad and Pantsil was a part of that.

Your wasting your time if you think he isn't any good because as I have said, the step from the Prem to the Championship is huge no team has the divine right to come down a league and do well.

In fact I don't think you will do well at all, your team is full of players that, apart from Parker, won't get into any Premier League teams first team which is why you did so badly, I felt sorry for Avram because he had probably the worst squad since Derby '06 to work with.

16. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Ha Ha I see you know nothing about football,West ham had the worst squad since Derby 2006 ?

West Ham were within half a dozen points of staying up,there were atleast 8 internationals playing for countries
    ranked within the top ten of Fifa's rankings..

If you cannot see that it was poor management then you are gonna struggle to form a decent argument,just a quick
    reminder for you brains of britain =

Robert Green - England
    Mark Noble - England U21
    Julian Faubert - France
    Tomkins - England under 21
    Hitzsleberger - Germany's Captain
    Upson - England
    Cole - England
    Keane - Ireland
    Obinna - On loan from Inter Milan
    Scott Parker
    Ba
    Bridge - England
    Nouble - U21

Yes I see what you mean,very bad squad,Im surprised they managed to make it onto the pitch at all you numpty!

17. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

tosh - just cos they are blinded by their own bubble bursting - it wont stop our Andy.

18. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

west ham fans have turned delusion into an art form....if the players have the same attitude great...they will come down to earth with a bump...turning up and saying "we are the mighty hammers" just won't cut it in this league....i see trouble ahead...

19. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Nice input Barewellfox,

20. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Robert Green - England Yeah, probably England worst ever goalkeeper
    Mark Noble - England U21 - Hasn't come through to the first team though has he??
    Julian Faubert - France - Can't even get into France's first team though can he?
    Tomkins - England under 21 - Who?
    Hitzsleberger - Germany's Captain - A good player about 10 years ago
    Upson - England - Will be gone before the start of the season
    Cole - England See above, despite the fact he's **** someoen will sign him
    Keane - Ireland Not your player and he can only score, nothing else
    Obinna - On loan from Inter Milan - Last season we had Jeffrey Bruma and Patrick Van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea...
    Scott Parker - Will be sold, your only good player good SQUADS will always beat one man teams no matter how good that player is (See your last season)
    Ba - Only had him for half a season and he managed to become your top goalscorer with 7! <laugh>
    Bridge - Wouldn't be England's 4th choice left back even if he wanted to be. He's ****e in the Prem.

Anything else mate?