1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Appreciate what you have with footy.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Today I went to my AFL debut - Sydney Swans ( sounds so plastic ) v Fremantle Dockers. Haven't minded watching AFL on the box so thought " here once, lets give it a go " and it wasn't too bad.

The main issue being the game lasts wayyyyy too long. Four quarters of 20 mins - however with a stopping clock. The breaks inbetween quarters/ halves. Before quarter four started with the Swans a country mile ahead myself and partner had had quite enough of this long and tedious game. For heavens sake we'd been sat down for 2 hours 20 already. Jesus.

The other issue was zero atmosphere/ singing / fan banter. God I love being on the terraces back home and yelling all manner of abuse, getting loads hurled back our way. It's absolutely fantastic the atmosphere in England at all levels.

My situation now - no sport has this banter and with the sat champ games kicking off at midnight Aus time, I have no sodding idea as to how we get on until I wake up!

Would do absolutely anything to be at Millwall Tuesday night and have a good old sing song! Sport over here just isn't the same!

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Are you still over there when the Big bash is on? Reckon you might see a different atmosphere during one of those matches...

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Day/Night Test Matches WTF? <yikes>

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Wish I was mate but looks like the visa won't be going up to 35 yet so a little in limbo!