1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Apparently....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

A statement from a Town spokesman reads....Marcus Evans not actively looking to sell and remains focused on overseeing promotion to the championship, FFS<laugh>

2. Spanish

Town have issued a statement in response to the news of takeover interest in the club.

As reported yesterday, and in greater detail earlier this afternoon, a largely US-based group is looking to complete a takeover of the Blues.

However, in a statement the club insist that owner Marcus Evans is not touting the club around although would, as he has said in the past, listen to interest.

A spokesman said: “Marcus Evans reiterates that he is not actively looking to sell the club and remains fully focused on taking Ipswich Town back to the Championship.

“However, as he has also stated in the past, he would speak to interested parties if they can prove themselves to be credible buyers that would provide sustainable, long-term investment."

3. Spanish

So basically we are none the wiser<laugh>

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Must be true then because it there was no truth in the rumours they would be entirely ignored by the club.

5. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

All sounds like classic public relations. I bet he takes their arm off and gets the f..k out of PR!

6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

What a strange statement. It doesn’t really say anything and, in my opinion, perfectly encapsulates the approach this club has to communicating with fans from the highest levels.

Any pending takeovers would presumably be protected by NDAs, so I guess they can’t really confirm interest as such - particularly as it’s still ongoing. It definitely does make me think this takeover is happening and in the process, otherwise surely the club would just come out and deny it?