1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AP Sacked - Taylor Appointed the New Gills Manager...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Exclusive, you heard it here first...

<whistle><cough>

2. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

That is old news..........its juat that it has not quite happened yet. You have to wait for the 3-0 loss at home.

brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

Told yer AP was sacked, not606 first with the news again...ok it's not Taylor but you read it here first.

A nob replaced with a nobby <laugh>

itstimupnorth likes this.
  4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/nolberto-solano-gillingham-pennock-132209/ for those who are interested.

I've not seen Gills this season so far, but looking at it somewhat from a distance and as philosophical perspective as possible, isn't it about style of play as well as results? Yes, the early results have been nothing short of terrible, but it is early days, and I'm reading reports of the quality of play improving, and there's still a possibility that things will turn round and we'll get into and stay in a safe position before too long.

It's the age old dilemma, of the timing of decisions chairmen make - giving a manager enough rope before deciding to hang him with it.

After seeing the two 'local' games coming up before the end of the month I hope to be able to make a slightly more informed judgement, and think that IF there actually has been some improvement since the beginning of this month (something I am unable to judge personally) then it's too soon for AP to go at the moment. Forget last season - we stayed up and that was with Edinburgh's squad. Budget aside this is AP's squad, and I think he should at least be given a little more time to get them not only to put in some decent performances but crucially to get him some results.

brb likes this.