1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyones' guess who will play against Dynamo Kiev.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out Sarris' selections is harder than winning Lotto, weird logic, good form ignored, no form rewarded, skill and flair sit on the bench.
    Nevertheless, with glass half full, I'll have a shot, with reasons.
    1st player picked
    Jorghino. In my opinion, needs to take a month off and do some serious gym work and speed training.
    Perhaps if we put flashing green lights on the goals where we are trying to score he would know
    which way is forwards and which is backwards.
    Willy should have played against Fulham Pat on the head selection.
    Zappacosta also seems to get a run with 2nd string team in Cup games.
    Luiz because Rudi should get a break and Ampadu is surplus to Sarris needs.
    Christensen another 2nd stringer who is improving but seems positionally challenged.
    Alonso because he should have played against Fulham after previous very good effort.
    Kante because without him we have no midfield.
    Kovacic because even Sarri must be over Barkley.
    Hazard because Pedro really should get the spot
    CHO if RA has read the riot act to Sarri.
    Giroud the other perennial 2nd stringer

2. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Should go through now,CHO should have had more time my only complaint.Love him or hate David Luiz is
    a great footballer.

BobbyD likes this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Awful team again. Jorghinos' 2nd half fade out against Fulham was supposed to be tiredness, so how come he recovered so quickly?? He didn't, had to be subbed off again, should never have started.
    First half we had all the ball but only one goal from Pedro and Giroud' brilliance. Jorghino and Barkley again did little individually or for the front players. Too many pointless passes ,75% of possession and 1 goal, against a poor Kiev side was back to the future. Pedros' willingness to run could have got him a hat trick and it beggars belief in this form he didn't start against Fulham, and why Sarri doesn't run his players more.
    Barkley again, "almost" does something good but not quite, apart from a pass for the build up to 1st goal., Willian again OK in open play but a sublime free kick.
    Kovacic, nice player though he is ,will never be a Regista.
    I'm over Sarri, can't see him winning anything for us with his selections. CHO in 10 mins looked better than Willian ,and RLC is a big step up from Barkley, so why don't they start? David Luiz has more vision, skill and attacking instincts in his left toe than Jorghino has in total. Maybe next year Jorghino will toughen up, speed up and step up, right now he should step out.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Was a fairly turgid game. Quite a bit of rotation but would have preferred more especially since sarri said the team was knackered. Very disappointed hudson who should be fresh as a daisy got limited time.

Kovacic didnt look great as a regista but im putting that down to tiredness as he looked knackered as did our wingers who stopped running and offering an outball.

All and all though cant complain at a 3 0 win, we should be through so hopefully sarri chucks some more kids out

P.s. barkley looks so ineffective and rlc looks so much more dangerous. The only thing i would say though we seemed to lose control when jorginho and barkley came off and rlc doesnt seem to help is retain the ball

5. Chelsea Pensioner

All true. I think the loss of control is simply that Kovacic is not a regista. Jorghino is and at least does keep control, unfortunately that's all he does, no attacking, no opening up defences with great passes, not enough attack minded approach. Sarri is such a thick manager. Barkley is truly a dead loss, always has been always will be, he has zero football intelligence, just athletic ability. If we are going to be subjected to Jorghino week after week, which looks inevitable, then Sarri needs to do 2 things if for no other reason than to find out if it will improve things.
    Firstly play RLC before Barkley.
    Secondly, play Kante beside Jorghino with RLC in front in a 4 2 1 3. Absolutely nothing to lose.
    In the end a good result but turgid and sloppy display. Luiz was my MOM just pipped Pedro, praise to Christensen and Giroud, Kovacic for his 110% effort, and the 2 young subs who both did exactly what was needed to liven up a sluggish ship.

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

RLC gives the ball away a bit, combined with his back injury and lack of tracking back means Sarri does not like him

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

good result and should be enough to put us in the quarters. Good night all round with Arsenal getting beat 3-1 as well. Hopefully they'll go out as one of our biggest rivals for the cup.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Do we want them to stay in a bit longer? They are still in top 4 race

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

True but no, I'd rather they go out!